CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout of the Day
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout of the Day Questions & performance regarding CrossFit's WOD

Old 05-02-2012, 03:54 PM   #1
Richard Colon

Profile:
In honor of Seau 55 - My WoD later today

In honor of my favorite NFL player of all time. Looking back, I watched him obsessively during my later high school and early college days. He is the single reason that started me on the path towards taking weightlifting seriously. In a sense, when I Deadlift, Back Squat or lift any heavy weight today, I remember how it all started. I wanted to be like Junior Seau. He died today. I'll be doing this later, although I already worked out this AM.

The '55'

11 Rounds for time:
'Every even round, do the Back Squats. The Sprints and Bench Press are done on every round.

Round 1
5 x Bench Press @ BW (bodyweight)
55yd Sprint

Round 2
5 x Bench Press @ BW
11 x Back Squat @ BW
55yd Sprint

Round 3
5 x Bench Press @ BW
55yd Sprint

Round 4
5 x Bench Press @ BW
11 x Back Squat @ BW
55yd Sprint

Continue in that fashion. When all is said and done you should have run a bunch of 55yd sprints (11 total) and have done 55 total reps of each Back Squat and Bench Press at bodyweight.

I figured the Squat, Bench and Sprints are a bit in line with Crossfit Football style and the weights as well - especially Bench and total reps of Back Squat. In the end, it doesn't matter though. I'm doing it as respect for Junior and the entertainment and motivation he provided.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:49 AM   #2
Mike Johnson

Profile:
Re: In honor of Seau 55 - My WoD later today

How did it go? It looks like a good one.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:09 PM   #3
Richard Colon

Profile:

It went well. Well, it sucked. 11 Sprints just put it over the top. The bench was by far the easiest part. The Squats were handled well, and if not for trying to recover from the Sprints throughout the entire workout, I could have gone unbroken on them without any issues as I did in the 1st Squat round (Round 2). After a while, with sprints and squats - things just start to shut down a bit..

I did it in my Seau jersey as well. I have a few rounds on video - ill post them up shortly!
Old 05-04-2012, 09:03 AM   #4
Mike Johnson

Profile:

Alright I'm going to take a run at it this weekend. I might have to switch to incline bench for logistical reasons though.