CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Testimonials
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Testimonials CrossFit's successes / your achievements

Old 08-15-2011, 12:57 PM   #41
Christina Daley

Profile:
Re: Has anyone lost a significant amount of weight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Groves View Post
You look amazing.
But smile!
Old 08-15-2011, 07:11 PM   #42
Derek Lippke

Profile:

Hey Everyone,

My name is Derek and I started CF in March 2010 at 272lbs. I am 6ft 2in, but this was way too much for me to carry. By July of 2010 I dropped to 255lbs. In Jan 2011 my box held a Paleo challenge and I came in 3rd dropped 17lbs in 6 weeks, which brings me to 238lbs in mid-february. I continued with Paleo and am currently 219lbs. I am working my way down to 205lbs.

March 2010: 272lbs
July 2010: 255lbs
Feb 2011: 238lbs
Aug 2011: 219lbs
Total Weight Lost: 53lbs

53lbs is no record with CF & Paleo, but I am currently a 36 waist, when last year I was wearing a 40/42. CrossFit has changed my life and for that I am very thankful.
Old 08-17-2011, 07:25 AM   #43
Ken Cook

Profile:

Christina,

For me it's ALLLLLL about what I eat. I'm back after a 2 month break (back-knee issues) and been hitting it semi hard but changed my diet to as close to paleo as I can trying to improve on it as I go and after 3 weeks I've lost 15 pounds. If I hadn't changed my eating I doubt i'd have lost that much.

One of my trainers said it best "how quickly you want results depends almost entierly on how you fuel your body"" I believe him without a doubt. Our bodies were not designed to eat all this processed crap!!

Keep it up! you'll get there!!!

Ken
Old 08-17-2011, 12:12 PM   #44
John Galovic

Profile:

Christina,
Congrats on your success! Keep going strong and setting short term goals to keep the motivation and spirits up! Before you know it all of your long term goals will be nailed! As for your post, I have been a personal trainer for 10+ years now and have recently converted to crossfit style training/advice for friends and clients. I don't have the pics( ill see if I can get them), but i set a good friend of mine up with a crossfit style/ paleo diet plan and he achieved some of the best results I've ever seen. He lost 145lbs in 1 year! He is 6'2" and weighed 350lbs, he is now 205! Keep with it and stay positive!! Good luck on your adventure!
Old 08-19-2011, 06:13 PM   #45
Jeremy S Barnett

Profile:

No Matter what size , shape , or fitness level your in CrossFit is scalable and can be easily modified to fit your specific needs.

Below is one of our coaches and his success story from CrossFit. CrossFit changed his life and inspired him so much that he has now become a certified personal trainer and a Level 1 CrossFit Coach. His goal is to help motivate and inspire others to change their lives as well. He is living proof that anyone can lose weight, get in fit and be healthy if they put their mind to it.

If Phil can do it you can too!

To get started on your Free Week Trial contact Phil Roberts for more information.
Phil Roberts
Level 1 CrossFit Coach
(239) 834-4100
crossfittb@yahoo.com

Click http://crossfittbphil.blogspot.com/ to see photos for Phil Roberts before and after pictures. W/F/S

Phil Roberts Started his fitness journey
June 2009
Weight 378 lbs.
Waist 48

Phil Roberts Aug 12 , 2011
Current Weight 246
Current Waist 38
Total Loss 132 lbs From June 2009 - Aug 2011
10 inches lost off his waist

Here are Phil's fitness test results and progress from 2009 to 2011

2009 Fitness Tests

Squat Body Weight Squat- no weight
Bench 185 lbs
Dead lift 275 lbs
1 Mile Run unable to complete
Pull-up 0

2011 Fitness Tests

Squat 435lbs
Bench 275lbs
Dead lift 505 lbs
One Mile Run 8m:38s
Pull-up 4 strict
Old 10-07-2011, 07:58 AM   #46
Matthew Vesey

Profile:

I just saw this post and it convinced me to do a before and after photo.
I started CrossFitting in 09' and since that time I have reached my goals of body comp and am now working to increasing my strength. Stay Motivated and push yourself. You can do anything you put your mind to!

How are you doing with your journey?

Pre-CrossFit:
5km- 30:00
5km Row-35:00
Deadlift:225
Squat:185
Press:135
Bf%: 28

With CrossFit:
5km run- 18:05
5km Row- 18:22
Deadlift:405
Squat:350
Press:157
BF%: No clue just significantly less

(W/F/S)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	297136_10150340540704399_502869398_7824475_1797981549_n.jpg
Views:	1202
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	8427  
Age:24, Height: 5'10, Weight: 180, 5km Row: 17:15.3, 500m Row:1:23.6, BS: 440, DL:540, Press: 205:My Log(WFS)
Old 10-08-2011, 07:51 AM   #47
Luke Seubert

Profile:

I am in the process of losing a very large amount of fat. To date, I have lost 79 pounds of bodyweight, with somewhere around another 115 pounds of fat yet to lose. Yes, I began in a state of morbid obesity.

I follow a strict Paleo diet, with lots of weighing and measuring, as well as a Zone diet but with lower than normal carb ratios. The Paleo diet has gone very well for me. It is an exceptionally healthy and nutritious diet, and I don't feel hungry. Once I got through the transition phase and got my head wrapped around eating lean whole cuts of meat and lots of very low glycemic index vegetables; it became a fairly easy diet to stick to. I do have a free meal once in a while, but I am otherwise strictly Paleo.

I also began exercising. I began with brisk walking, and increased the intensity over time by including medicine ball work, shovelglove (Google it), kettlebelling, dumbbell thrusters, and waiter and farmer walking. Over time, I decreased the total quantity of exercise, but increased the intensity. I recently began bodyweight strength training exercise, in addition to the more rigorous MetCon work.

For those who want more details, feel free to check out my Workout Log, PaleZone vs Morbid Obesity: An Odyssey (WFS). In addition to detailing my diet and exercise regimens, I include a lot of informational material specifically useful to people who need to lose a large amount of fat.

Most CrossFitters came to CrossFit in somewhat decent shape - not severely unfit and obese. Hence, there isn't much information available for such folks. My hope is that my log will prove both informative and inspirational for those who really need to lose a lot fat.
Old 04-01-2012, 07:59 PM   #48
Christina Daley

Profile:

I had a really hard time over the Holidays.. but started fresh Jan 1st, and to date, have lost 25 pounds.
Old 04-25-2012, 02:00 PM   #49
Joseph Lawendowski

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christina Daley View Post
Could you post your before/afters? I want to lose 100 pounds, and am just starting crossfit.
Hi Cristina

So far I've lost 35 pounds, several pant sizes (there are worse things in life than having to buy new pants because they have gotten too big ) Further my blood pressure has gone from 140+/90+ to a fairly consistent 115/75.

Here's the catch to this...last year in January while training for the IronDog Race (a 2000 mile snow machine race across Alaska) I was thrown from my sled at 65 mph. As a result I fractured the head of my left upper arm, shredded the rotator cuff, tore the laborum and my bicep tendon. I still did the race amazingly enough but after surgery I was down for the count for 4 months (hence the extra 35 pounds). At the end of that 4 months I discovered CrossFit and it did amazing things for me in my recovery.

Bottom line, even while recovering from a major surgery CrossFit, done properly, can assist in all things fitness. As a result of what I've experienced I'm completely sold on CrossFit and suggest it to everyone.

Joe
Old 04-26-2012, 06:21 AM   #50
Erika Key

Profile:

Hi Christina!
I am BRAND NEW to crossfit. So brand new in fact that I just found a gym to work out at, but I don't know where it is located. I have contacted one of the coaches so that is the first step. So, literally I am THAT new to crossfit! I am very interested in seeing how you are doing now? What got me so interested in your post is because I too have PCOS! I was well over 200 lbs in January and I have started eating better [paleo without even knowing that most crossfitter's eat that way] and drinking water with the occasional glass of wine. I have gone from a size 27 to a 8-10 and i am now 183. i wanted to encourage you that even with PCOS it is possible to achieve your fitness goal! (((((HUGS))))) cyster!