CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Stuff and Nonsense
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Stuff and Nonsense For off-topic chatter. Keep it PG-13; no sex, politics or religion!

Old 04-12-2012, 11:10 PM   #7061
Katherine Derbyshire

Profile:
Re: Seen at the globo yesterday

Crossfitter doing pretty decent overhead squats.... And then he just left without racking his weights.

Katherine
Old 04-13-2012, 04:32 AM   #7062
Eric R Cohen

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Shaw View Post
Seen in some kids garage -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aMvoaFCMCI (wfs)
That was funny
Old 04-13-2012, 09:32 AM   #7063
Graeme Moore

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Shaw View Post
Seen in some kids garage -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aMvoaFCMCI (wfs)
She needs to maintain a neutral spine but other than that a great negative deadlift.
Old 04-13-2012, 12:02 PM   #7064
Collin Thompson

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric R Cohen View Post
Saw a trainer put his clients feet on a bench, and hands on the smith machine bar about 5 feet away, the bar was at the same height as the bench. He then had his client do pushups. I could see no need to have the client use the bench and bar as he was just doing pushups.
Clearly trying to train the client's fear of heights (FOH specific training). Same reason I do most my squatting underwater (FOD training)...
Old 04-14-2012, 12:58 PM   #7065
Jeremy Moss

Profile:

Didn't see it directly but heard it from my 6 year old daughter.

Backstory: My kids (boy & girl) have done pushups/wall sits/situps/dying cockroaches/etc. in some form since they were 1 year old. They do them recreationally with me between sets during my workouts and as punishment for when they are bad.

My girl started kindergarten this year and with kindergarten, P.E. classes.

The teacher one day had the class doing pushups. All the boys he made try it with a regular pushup position. The girls he made do all pushups on their knees. When my daughter got into the natural pushup position that she has been doing for the past 5 years and started doing them, the teacher corrected her and mader her do them on her knees.

Took just about every ounce of will not to jump out of the seat in the restaurant when I heard this, jump in the car and speed down to wherever this guy lived and whip him into submission.

I resolved just to tell my daughter to do her pushups the way daddy taught her and if the teacher had any problems, for him to call me about it.

Seems these days they are trying to teach our children at an early age gender bias.
Old 04-17-2012, 06:01 PM   #7066
David Meverden

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Moss View Post

Backstory: My kids (boy & girl) have done pushups/wall sits/situps/dying cockroaches/etc. in some form since they were 1 year old. They do them recreationally with me between sets during my workouts and as punishment for when they are bad.

The teacher one day had the class doing pushups. All the boys he made try it with a regular pushup position. The girls he made do all pushups on their knees. When my daughter got into the natural pushup position that she has been doing for the past 5 years and started doing them, the teacher corrected her and mader her do them on her knees.

Took just about every ounce of will not to jump out of the seat in the restaurant when I heard this, jump in the car and speed down to wherever this guy lived and whip him into submission.

I resolved just to tell my daughter to do her pushups the way daddy taught her and if the teacher had any problems, for him to call me about it.

Seems these days they are trying to teach our children at an early age gender bias.
That's ridiculous! I'm surprised you didn't take the teacher aside next time you saw him. To assume that pre-pubescent kids have different abilities because of gender is dumb, especially when it's easy to have everyone try real pushups, then go to the knees if necessary.
Old 04-19-2012, 06:33 AM   #7067
Eddie Watts

Profile:

today i witnessed a guy doing one armed rows. while he was doing them his top rose up revealing his clingfilmed torso...
Old 04-19-2012, 02:47 PM   #7068
Page Johnson

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Moss View Post

Hmmm.... I think this P.E. teacher needs to see some female CF competitors in action.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:35 PM   #7069
Katherine Derbyshire

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Page Johnson View Post
Hmmm.... I think this P.E. teacher needs to see some female CF competitors in action.
Seriously...

Katherine
Old 05-05-2012, 01:26 PM   #7070
Jason Gauthier

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Watts View Post
today i witnessed a guy doing one armed rows. while he was doing them his top rose up revealing his clingfilmed torso...
Sound like a good look.