CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > In Search of CrossFitters
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

In Search of CrossFitters For finding other CrossFitters to CrossFit with

Old 03-31-2012, 07:09 AM   #21
Michael Kelley

Profile:
Re: stay-at-home CrossFitters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael L Gardner View Post
Havent really been to a box enough times to see a difference in my times. It sometimes is hard, but quotes on walls, an American flag, and a determination to get better go a long way.
Sure they do (and my garage has all of those things going on), but there is something to be said for thinking you are really digging into a workout, then seeing a workout partner move to the next phase 2-3 reps before you to get you to hold on to the bar to squeeze out one more rep a bit faster and push to catch up, and to discover you had just a little more in reserve than you thought. That (and coaching on my lifts) is why I go back to the old gym every Saturday I can.
Old 04-05-2012, 03:19 PM   #22
Michael L Gardner

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Kelley View Post
That (and coaching on my lifts) is why I go back to the old gym every Saturday I can.
That is very important. I should do that more often....
Old 04-12-2012, 09:10 AM   #23
Sean McMaster

Profile:

I work out at home. I like that I can schedule my workouts when it works best for me, any time night or day. That's important for me, because I often have to work nights, and my schedule gets weird. Also, with four little kids, it would be next to impossible for me to work out with my wife if we had to go to a gym somewhere. And sometimes I just want to do something different for a while, change up my programming to achieve certain goals. I think working out at home is the ultimate in flexibility. I know I am missing out on some things, but at this point in my life it just makes more sense to use my home gym, especially since I have almost everything I need (no C2 here either).
Old 04-16-2012, 08:11 PM   #24
Michael McMahon

Profile:

Simple answers:

1. Don't need em, do thrusters

2. Again don't need it, do sumo deadlift hi pull

3. Try pulling a semi tire. Quieter to drag and pretty easy to get cheap, lots cheaper than a sled but does the same thing.

4. Then don't, do a few seconds really matter most of the time anyway?

5. Don't kip, just set up so your toes are just touching the ground. Get a little momentum from that. Or just do old fashioned regular dead hangg pull ups.

6. And no one to talk when you don't feel like it or complain about your music choices, or gripe when its cold.....I love having my garage to myself. Want someone to chase? Keep a notebook and chase yourself

7. Dips and pullups? The "official" sub for them?

The easiest things:

1. Couldn't agree with you more.

2. Sure can

3. Sprints work!

4. Freedom to do what you want to work on or try
Old 04-16-2012, 08:23 PM   #25
Pete Nadeau

Profile:

Home Crossfit Enthusiast
Old 04-25-2012, 07:53 AM   #26
Chris Barclay

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean McMaster View Post
I work out at home. I like that I can schedule my workouts when it works best for me, any time night or day. That's important for me, because I often have to work nights, and my schedule gets weird. Also, with four little kids, it would be next to impossible for me to work out with my wife if we had to go to a gym somewhere. And sometimes I just want to do something different for a while, change up my programming to achieve certain goals. I think working out at home is the ultimate in flexibility. I know I am missing out on some things, but at this point in my life it just makes more sense to use my home gym, especially since I have almost everything I need (no C2 here either).
+1 (although I invested in a c2 a few years back)
Old 05-02-2012, 11:26 AM   #27
Steve Belcher

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Liang View Post
I would strongly suggest trying to go to a box for a least one or two months.

I starting crossfitting at home, because I caluclated how much it would be to pay for a membership vs all the equipment I could buy for my self. But the only issue I found was when you work out by your self, you don't push your self nearly as hard as you would at a box.

I chose to go to a box for a month so I could learn proper technique. And now I have never looked back at working out a home. Cause everyone at the box is so supportive, and when you work out at a box you get 10 times the work out.
I agree
Old 06-24-2012, 08:21 PM   #28
Blake Holman

Profile:

A new site/blog that started Saturday is http://wodathome.com/. It provides a daily blog with your whole day planned out, including warm-up, skill/strength work, the WOD, and mobility exercises. Members can post their times/comments as well.