CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Pukie's Bucket
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pukie's Bucket Bogus threads, trolls, and other malarkey

Old 02-09-2012, 09:45 AM   #1
Matt Vorwald

Profile:
Thumbs up Best Vendor Experience - (highly recommended)

Just wanted to share my experience ordering with a vendor I found, because I had read some success stories on here, as well as some cringe-worthy horror stories. I just got done working with a vendor and it was one of the best customer service experiences I've ever had.

Site:

Contact Person: Daniel Smith

Background: I was in the process of putting together an order for equipment yesterday, and in the process I had to submit payment information in order to generate a tax quote with the shipping and freight charges. Or so I thought. I don't claim to be an expert in ordering online, and there was probably some user error inolved. Anyways, the partial order went through, even though I was really just compiling an equipment cart to go to Daniel Smith at with for advice/help.

Result: Daniel returned my emails and calls within literally 15 minutes most of the time (often faster). There was never an unreasonable lag time between my initial contact and their response. In the end, Daniel Smith advised me on some backordered equipment and when to expect shipments because they would be coming separately. There was nothing left to guesswork. He set me up with a fantastic package deal that blew other sites' pricing out of the water on bumper plates, rings, strength bands, a couple bars, and a few kettlebells, including additional discounts. He didn't try to upsell or market me equipment I didn't need. He even referred me to alternative options for items that weren't available at his site or that weren't cost competitive.

This was all done as a courtesy by Daniel, because as I said above, I had already inadvertently submitted a good portion of my order. This speaks volumes for their willingness to act in the best interest of the customer, and for that I will return not only my business to them, but recommend them to any Crossfitter I meet. 10 out of 10. Daniel will be forwarding me a coupon code to share, so I will be posting that as a reply to this thread soon!

Disclaimer: I am not an employee or any way affiliated with the above site or company. I am simply a corporate sales tax analyst and former professional athlete with a desire to remain fit and to outfit my garage with some affordable, quality equipment.

Thanks and good luck!

Matt

Old 02-09-2012, 09:54 AM   #2
Matt Vorwald

Profile:
Re: Best Vendor Experience - www.Xtrainingequipment.com (highly recommended)

SPAM disguised as message
See above for applicable discount code. Shout out thanks! to Daniel Smith again.

Matt

Old 02-10-2012, 07:56 AM   #3
Daniel A Smith

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Vorwald View Post
Promotion for Febuary. 10% off most items + free cable speed rope with any order.
Coupon code: XFEB10JUMP

See above for applicable discount code. Shout out thanks! to Daniel Smith again.

Matt
Thanks Matt glad I was able to help!

Old 02-11-2012, 01:59 PM   #4
Matt Yates

Profile:

Ok, after reading Matt's review and doing some more research on the boards, I finally pulled the trigger and got some bumper plates, bars, strength bands and kettlebells to start on my garage gym. I ordered from xtrainingequipment.com (WFS) and Allen was a huge help in getting me the right package. I just got done. Matt was right, they didn't try to upsell me on anything, all they cared about was getting me what I needed ASAP.

I didn't have to wait for an email or phone call, they had an online chat right there on the website. I can't wait to get my new equipment within the next week.

Their customer service was outstanding and I will definitely be doing business with them again.

Old 02-13-2012, 10:43 AM   #5
Nicholas Navarro

Profile:

Hi Daniel,

How long does it typically take to ship large bulky items such as bumper plate sets? The deals on your site look very reasonable.

Old 02-13-2012, 03:10 PM   #6
Matt Vorwald

Profile:

Good choice. Can't go wrong with the Xguys. Glad I could help spread the word.

Matt

Old 02-14-2012, 09:29 AM   #7
Daniel A Smith

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholas Navarro View Post
Hi Daniel,

How long does it typically take to ship large bulky items such as bumper plate sets? The deals on your site look very reasonable.
Hi,
Most bumper orders leave the warehouse in 1-3 business days. Smaller order usually ship in within 24 hours.

Hope this helps you can always email me directly at Advertising removed if you have more questions.

Thanks
Daniel

Old 02-16-2012, 02:07 PM   #8
Matt Vorwald

Profile:

Received a shipment of rings, strength bands, and speed ropes in 3 business days. I am in FL, so the proximity probably helps with shipping time. However, they seemed very quick in getting the order processed, so it should be all good.

Matt