View Single Post
Old 04-22-2018, 02:00 AM   #695
Alex Burden

Profile:
Re: Its me and it's her (the wife)

I was going to rest over the weekend but my youngest son wanted to workout with me he has actually grown an intrest in crossfit and wants to learn some oly basics... and of course I couldn’t say no. He had his best mate with to.

We warmed up and spent 60min on hang power clean and push jerk. Things went better and better over time. Took the weights up to 60kgs/133lbs. So now they have something to work on the coming week or so. They were both surprised on how easy I made it look but as I told them it’s all about technique.

From this my boy wanted to hit squats so we did that. Sets of 5 up to a certain point and the we hit doubles and singles. His mate hit a solid 100kgs/220lbs, I hit an easy 125kgs/275lbs and my boy hit 160kgs/352lbs with loads left in the tank.

Onto bench press close grip, sets of 6 and at the end 4s. his mate hit 70kgs/154lbs, I went to 90kgs/198lbs and my boy 100kgs/220lbs.

All in all 2 1/2 hours.

So my plan for Monday front squats and now I am not sure it we will do that or not.

My boy and hit mate seem to have enjoyed the session and want to do it again ASAP.

So the old man can teach the youngsters a think or two.