View Single Post
Old 09-10-2011, 01:34 PM   #2
Rebecca Roth
Re: Thoughts on "Forks over knives" Documentary and "The China Study"

Originally Posted by Mark Davis View Post
So I just watched the Forks Over Knives documentary, which is party based on the China Study book. I have not read the China Study in full, but have read through parts, and will read through it cover to cover once I have a little more time. I am not Paleo at the time, but eat a healthy zone diet (I might give Paleo a try a little down the road). So I have always been really interested in the field of nutrition and am constantly researching new studies and information on the topic. So I must say that the documentary does have a lot of good info and really gets one thinking, but like anything out there I think the way the data is interpreted needs to be "taken with a grain of salt." So with that I am curious as to what others think of the documentary if you have seen it and or The China Study?
The china study has been pretty thoroughly and completely proven at worst completely false, and at best simply a terrible practice of research methods.

Denise Minger (former raw vegan, now paleo-ite) actually wrote the following detailed analysis, only to receive a rebuttal from the author of the china study himself... which largely questioned her credentials to have written such a criticism and did little to actually validate the study. (wfs)
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack in will. - Vince Lombardi