View Single Post
Old 02-24-2018, 07:18 AM   #1718
Jason A Smith

Profile:
Re: Jason's Workout Log

So the previous was a three week build back into doing stuff after my vacation and the following is three weeks to this past week leading up to actually participating in the Open this year.

Week 1 (1-29 - 2/4)

A. Back Squat, work to a challenging set of 7 - not a max effort, just a good set - 100kg, felt pretty decent, not super heavy for my legs but a few other parts around my body said that this was probably enough for today, my left knee, lower back and my hips were sore. Likely a by product of a lot of sitting and traveling last week
B. Deadlift @ 11X1, 5 reps every 2 min x 5 sets - not touch n go, start @ 100kg, add 10kg per set - completed. the last set I was very careful with. Felt this a lot more in my hamstrings than my low back for a change
C. 1 Squat Snatch every 30 sec x 15 reps - 5 @ 55kg, 5 @ 60kg, 5 @ 65kg - completed, lots of solid lifts here today. Wore my regular shoes and not my lifters today as I know the Open will require that
D. Prep/Warm-up
E. For time:
Toes to Bar - 21,18,15,12,9
OHS @ 50kg - 9,9,9,9,9
6:36, broke the first three sets of T2B into two sets, maybe 10s in between off and back on. All OHS was full snatch into an UB set with not a lot of rest in between tough to gauge if I could have gone faster/UB throughout, but overall I thought not too bad
F. 2 Ring Muscle-ups per min x 10 mins
completed. As noted in previous weeks my left (yes I know wrong side) shoulder has been a little sore mostly around the bicep area. ROM and strength seem to be fine and it does not bother me whole bunch during sessions. I know I have some arthritis in that joint so maybe just acting up. Yah for getting older

20 min EZ:
15 cal Rowing @ Damper 1 @ 900 cal/hr
15 cal AirBike @ 60 RPM
15ft HS Walk
Went 7 full rounds plus 10 calories rowing. All the HS walking was UB and pretty good I hate to say it but I think I have gotten reasonably proficient at it. I honestly wouldn’t mind seeing 10-20’ walks in the Open mixed in with some other stuff. I highly suspect if nothing else we could see them in the qualifier plus it’s just fun to be able to do it after years of not.
(Very Short Rest) - 3 minutes, I had to move stuff around to do this
EMOM x 20 mins @ High Effort:
1st - 15 Wall Balls @ 20lbs
2nd - 10 touch n go Power Snatch @ 40kg
3rd - 10 Bar Facing Burpees
4th - 20 Jumping Switch Lunges
5th - 50 DU’s
all completed as written UB, moved well all movements completed under 30s, I did step up burpees as well as the jump to two feet style (alternated) the speed was the same but obviously more taxing to jump to two feet, god I hope we can step up, I can move much more steady that way, but whatever they ask for I will do. The PS got my heart rate jacked right up more than anything else.
(Very Short Rest) - 3 minutes again It was faster putting stuff away
20 min EZ:
15 cal Rowing @ Damper 1 @ 900 cal/hr
15 cal AirBike @ 60 RPM
15ft HS Walk
exactly the same as the first time through, but felt “harder” even though it said EZ it was quite breathy and sweaty. I love long session with lots of movement like this.

A. Back Squat, work to a challenging set of 7 - not a max effort, just a good set - 105kg, good set
B. Deadlift @ 11X1, 5 reps every 2 min x 5 sets - not touch n go, start @ 100kg, add 10kg per set - completed varied between mixed grip and OH hook grip. I belted for the last set. I was super tired today
C. 1 Squat Clean and Split Jerk every 45 sec x 10 sets - 2 @ 70kg, 2 @ 75kg, 2 @ 80kg, 2 @ 85kg, 2 @ 90kg - completed no issues decent lifts took a few to feel warm
D. Prep/Warm-up
E. 9,6,3 for time:
Bar Muscle-ups
Squat Clean Thrusters @ 70kg
5:17, BMUs all UB. 9 was my PR I would imagine it’s more than that now especially on a bar where I have more room to “swing”. Slowed a touch on the thrusters but they all felt pretty good too.
F. EMOM x 10 mins:
1st - 7 Strict HSPU
2nd - 7 Chest to Bar
completed. Left bicep is sore. Likely a strain. I have almost 4 days before I have to really use it again (MUs, C2B ) so I will stretch it out and treat it at home and see if I can’t get back to closer to 100%. If not maybe a week of resting it a little more might be the answer. Considering how bagged I was on the way into this session it went really well.

Prep/Wam-up - Nathan and I joked that this should be taking out the box…….I actually prepped with a 5 minute AB going from 56-64rpm and did some sets of BJOs and BBJOs at 20 and 24’ before I got going
+
Complete 1 Round @ High Effort Every 6 min x 6 sets:
30 cal AirBike
15 Burpee Box Jump Overs @ 24”
2:50, 2:55, 2:56, 3:05, 2:58, 2:53 - My goal was all under 3:00. My fourth set was just too slow out of the gate on the bike. Next two sets I came out hot (75+rpm) and slowed the last 15 calories down to catch my breath. Sets 1-3 were step in, sets 4-6 were two foot up and over. The burps were about the same speed so I should be good either way, just feels more smooth stepping up and in to me, but I am good.
+
EMOM x 10 mins:
1st - 5 GH Raises @ 40X0
2nd - 30-45 sec FLR on Rings
completed, all 40s FLR, been a while since I did GHR’s I was concerned about cramping up but it went pretty well without issue. My left bicep is definitely the culprit. I have been stretching it like a mad man and it is really tight. Hopefully I can get it to ease off a bit. MU’s seem to be the instigator heating it back up. I will monitor accordingly.

Prep/Warm-up
+
10 min @ 85-90%/High Effort:
10 cal Rowing
10 Box Jump Overs @ 24"
10 Toes to Bar
6 rounds total, moved steady the whole way all T2B were UB
—No Rest
5 min AirBike @ 40-50 RPM
—5 min Walk
10 cal Rowing
10 Thrusters @ 30kg
10 Push-ups
6 rounds again, push ups were the bottleneck here
—No Rest
—5 min Walk
10 cal Rowing
10 Alternating DB Power Snatch @ 50lbs
10 Air Squats
6 rounds + 5 calories rowing
—No Rest
This whole session from start to finish was good. I did not row super fast to try and keep the heart rate down. the whole way was about 1100cal/hr and I tried to move well with the other stuff