View Single Post
Old 06-11-2008, 09:57 AM   #1
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:
Blair's I should have a log since I don't like logs log.

Honestly, I'm not much of someone to keep a workout log. Perhaps I prefer randomness ( and chaos ) too much. I keep one for my gymnasts but never so much for myself ( when I was introduced to weightlifting we had to and it was quite honestly a bore ).

Occasionally, I would input workdata into Rog's DrillsandSkills athletelog but I was never was too concerned about. I was more concerned about working out than logging stuff. Periodic testing of stuff, sure.

Moreso, this log will be to keep me from lazy and for my own viewing pleasure. I'm not much of a blogger on myspace and will start sometimes and just stop because I don't give a damn that much and will eventually talk about amongst my friends since the ones I talk to on MyS I see every week.

I've actually been meaning to do this since Saturday, start it, get caught up with other things and just close it out.

Here is where I am:

5'1 or so, give or take half an inch. According to my friend's electric scale that he says is a POS I weigh between 165 and 170. I think it measures based on pressure per square inch and calculates it from there. Next time I'm at a real scale I'll check. Weigh in's are generally done upon waking when dry, hungry and thirsty ( like wrestling ).

Former HS wrestler during my senior year ( 145's ) and did Polevaulting and track and field badly for 2. Eventually I vaulted decently towards the very last vaults of HS. I also shotputted and ran all the distances except hurdles. No way, buddie. Played most ball sports till HS and considered trying out for the teams but became a little disinterested in team sports and the A-holes on them. Baseball was what my life revolved around for the first 14 years of my life due to my father and a few friends of his who were ball players big time ( always was cool to get pro batting tips or ride on their shoulders after games [ there is a good memory of Jack Clark flinging my Dodger's helmet through the parking lot across a couple of cars after disgust of my helmet while he was on the Padres or Giants ]

I was also into MA in my youth, which can be seen by some threads on the board. Got into weights my senior year under former affiliate SST Steve Kenyon. Continued with it though college till I got more into gymnastics and out of the globo and access to free weights. CF got me back into weights that I so missed.

Most of the strength stuff I test at Level 2 or 3 per CF North's standards. Of the endurance stuff, I probably am far off when it comes to running and I rarely row though I'm decent enough at it ( done my share at gyms or at the college gym ). I don't like swimming much because of the effects of chlorine but would consider a saltwater pool. American river is a bit nasty or cold to swim in for my tastes and time.

Last fall my CFT was 700+. 250-300 BS, 150 Press, and 275-325 DL. That was when I was more on track with strength training before the Winter/Spring Boy's season and some crap at work came into play. I probably can press 125-150, BS 225-275, and DL 250-300 now. I currently don't have access to weights much though my friend has a setup but we don't seem to get together because of schedules ( planning on it this summer ). Going to the local CF affiliate when I can as drop in is cheap but I've been broke most of the time.

Still have a base of gymnastics which I've been coaching 8 years or so and doing off an on. Getting more back into it after meeting Roger Harrell ( had prior given up due to wrist and shoulder injury before missing it ).

Here's some strength skill numbers.

Can't do a muscle-up right now typically. DHPU are around 5-10, which were around 10-12 last fall. Have really fallen off the wagon on this and I think these decreased with lean body tissue loss and the fact I don't do as much pull strength as a coach compared to legs, abs, and pushwork.

I can do about 10 ring dips and probably 15-20 on PB. Got a POS ring setup that will work till I can afford some of Sommer's though I'll have to use them out and about.

Can leg lift and KTE till my heart's content. 20-30 or so. I tend to do these or V-ups more than situps. I still like back extensions but don't do much roman chairs. Sometimes I work hollow holds or rocks in somewhere.

L hang is at 45 seconds which is just about my L sit. I've never had great hip flexor active flexibility to go beyond much of parallel. Shows in my pistol and straddle L or working to V hold.

Handstand is around a min on the wall and tends to end up free balancing for some reason. I get on the wall and end up not touching. Dunno why.

Can still probably do more pushups than I care to. Pushups with elbows are more demanding though. Ring pushups have never been a biggie really. Of course to the deck or my ROTC Gunny would have my ***.

8 rounds of tabata squats staying at 17 Monday night. Didn't feel a thing Tuesday and meant to workout but crashed instead. I think I can hit 25 eventually and move my legs that much faster. I'm and my parents are squat centric. Short, squatty ppl with heritages from the same ( farmers and high alt Peruvians ). I still do a fair amount of MA and weapons work that tends to be leggy. Can do about 10 pistols and hop pistols.

Vert is probably around 20 inches, maybe 22 if I have a few days of good food and rest.

I was cleaning 150+ last fall without problems. Snatching about the same depending.

100 and 200 sprint times are still ok. Probably 13-15 for a 100, and 27-30 for a 200. Just a feel from last Sunday. 400 probably isn't good. Using a pose method probably 1:20 to 1:45.

Don't have a KB, but I swing my 2 25 DB from either a low squat or just while standing ( transition exercise towards swing to HS on PB ). Don't care too much about KB honestly and I prefer doing an upright chest swing to a horizontal/flexed back swing that squats relatively low that swings to above head. That's about it. I play with DB snatch or cleans for the hell of it and it's what I do in WOD stuff since I don't have a bar right now.

Goals;

get my shoulders healthy to really swing in gymnastics. it's improved after i found what's wrong but a good chiro is what's gonna fix it once I have the money. some rotator cuff tears that tightened things up and a bad shoulder seperation. However, alignment is more of an issue that's been fixed with stick dislocates, cable work, and stretching to some degree. Sometimes can be sore.

Make my wrists indestructable like they used to be when I first started tumbling. Used to have an awesome grip. DL will help with a lot and rope climbs. Probably rope climb in the gym before coaching or at an open gym.

3-5m HS on the wall, walk 100 feet in a HS and pirouette till I'm dizzy while getting a solid 30s HS on PB and 1-2m HS on FX. When strength gets up, probably can get ring HS like I did last fall which was more of just working over the fear of it. HS was always much better on FX than PB, opposite of my dad. However, he sucked as a tumbler or on rings.

short term goal is hit 10 PU soon and get to 20. I don't kip much but will when I have access to a bar for WOD. I try to GTG or PU ladders to really get this. Once I get my PU strength back, I can seriously train for a front lever again. Used to MUDH at will back in the day that was mostly just slow and muscled out. Last fall could do about 1 with maybe 2 or 3 total and was probably at 5-7 a year and a half ago. Would be nice to MU and back lever at will again. Mostly due to lack of pull strength, though shoulder issues do come up.

Used to hit 40-45 dips and was probably around 20 last summer/fall. Was probably around 15 dips on rings then. Short term is get to 25 again and 15 on rings. Always was decent at dips since I've been doing pushups since a youngn.

Had a goal of doing a CFT at 1k. Back during the fall was getting there and hoping to hit for Summer CFG. Looking to hit BW press, 2x BS, 2x DL by end of summer. During college years of lifting never did DL but was into heavy jump shrugs. Used to squat 350-400 upright style. Probably could DL heavier back then as well but I'm just guessing. Press was poorer than the leggy lifts.

Knock down to 155 and under, especially if I want to become a trainer to be more lean. Basically get to 9% BF. Anything would be more way more difficult. Diet is basically try to eat period as what budget has allowed for months ( though for about 5 I basically was living away from home except weekends on friend's coach due to commute to work 70 miles away ). I think being caloric and protein deficient has really decreased in the past 4 months and sapped strength away. Lately, I've dropped weight 10 pounds+ probably by having to bike ride 15-25 miles a day or 5-10 to just get around from place to place. This however has given me a bit more stamina to start getting into working out again besides being in the gym to play before and after ( and then riding to the train station and home ). When income goes up, I can probably get back on track with fish oil, enough protein, eating 4-5x a day. I've tried to stay away from grains but quite honestly am sometimes just happy to eat and mooch from my roomates.

Currently at 1-2 parallette wall HSPU. Last fall was at 5-7. Once could hit 20 and do about 1-2 freestanding ( damn HS ) and plenty of enough with a balance spot. Looking to get that ring hpsu one day.

Would like to do BW clean and snatch. With poor technique could hit 180 in HS during clean at 147 and snatch about 120. Never was taught correctly. Looking also to do BW OHSx15.

Looking to run a mid 55 400, 25 200, and 12 100. Best in my day were 51, 24 and change, and 11 and change with a 2min and change 800, near 5mi mile and 11m 2mi and could hit 3mi in under 18 for PFT.