View Single Post
Old 02-12-2009, 03:24 PM   #26
Robert Callahan

Profile:
Re: CFSB - Ask your questions here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie J. Skibicki View Post
Yes, ME and high rep. I do not disparage the bench, nor do I worship at it's alter.

I think I may switch the bench and deadlift days. That moves the deadlift away from the back squat and the bench away from the press.

CFSB Creators,

Is there a reason the back squat and deadlift are so close to each other? On first glance, this didn't seem like such a good idea, but I've not seen the gains you have, so I was wondering what your thinking on this was.
I am not a CFSB creator, but it would seem to me that they are trying to keep a rest day in between the high rep DL and BS. I would think that 20 reps squats and high rep DLs are going to wreak havoc on recovery more than anything else and thus should be preformed with adequate rest in between. You could try something like this?

Mon: ME BS, High rep Bench, metcon
Tues: ME + high rep DL
Weds: rest
Thurs: ME Bench, metcon
Fri: ME FS, high rep BS, metcon
Sat: ME + high rep Press, metcon
Sun: rest

that way all the high rep stuff that utilizes similar body parts are separated by at least one rest day? I guess this is pretty similar to what David is doing, just a little more spread out with the Bench.... maybe his is better though? Well at least it is tested. How is that working out David??

-Robert