View Single Post
Old 03-20-2017, 02:03 AM   #450
Alex Burden

Profile:
Re: Its me and it's her (the wife)

Monday morning and i know what i have to do... REPEAT 17.4 i have tried HSPU over the weekend and i just can't get one... not a problem as i know by next year i will have them in the bag as i have BMU and muscle ups.

Wife went for a run on the treadmill and came down to me when it was time to judge me.

Warm up
3min on the rower to get going, some mobility and stretching between deadlifts and other stuff to make sure i am ready to go. In total i warmed up for 40min. I have found that when i really take he time to warm up things go better.

So based on Friday i know i have to be on the rower before 7:43 to beat my current time of 10:43. the reason for this is that i can hit 55cal in 3min even when my heart rate is really high. The deadlifts are to be done in singles but with minimal rest, but nice and even pacing all the way. My plan is to break the WB's up in 5x11reps as i know this will save time in the end.

I totally rely upon the wife for the pacing and she understands my plan before we start down to the smallest detail. She tells me important information at just the right time and keeps me motivated all of the time. One of the most important things is that she never says "only 20reps left" or anything like that... she keeps counting in small groups and tells me when i hit small goals and keeps me going.

17.4 REPEAT Complete as many rounds and reps as possible in 13 minutes of:
55 deadlifts, 225 lb.
55 wall-ball shots, 20-lb. ball to 10-ft. target
55-calorie row
55 handstand push-ups

Result - 165reps in 9:37 crushed it

An improvment by 1:07 from Friday and more than 3 minutes from last year. i did the DL in 3.41 and i was done with the WBs at 6.21... all the time in my head i was thinking "get to the rower.... get to the rower..." when i was done with the WB's i did not see the clock but the wife said 6min something and i knew i was going to hit under 10min, question was by how much.

When i was done i was out of it.... i gave 100%, i was in the zone. If i could hit a HSPU it would have been amazing but i can't. But i will have them for next year.

Cool down
apart from trying not to puke, stretch and clean up our my crap...

A really great day today

Last edited by Alex Burden : 03-20-2017 at 02:23 AM.