View Single Post
Old 03-13-2017, 01:55 AM   #446
Alex Burden

Profile:
Re: Its me and it's her (the wife)

Monday morning and feeling quite good with a plan in my head... repeat and complete the 5 snatches @ 61kgs.

Wife did her thing today and later judged me. I have no idea what she did today apart from row 4k in 18:45.

Warm up
3min on the rower then onto stretch and mobility.
Then i squated and warmed up with hang power snatches, snatch balance, full snatches and a cuple of deadlifts. In total it took me 45-50min before i was ready.

For me - 17.3
So looking at 17.3 my plan was to reach the C2B earlier before the 135lb/61kg snatches and i hope today complete the 5 snatches. Tiebreak time will i hope give me the time i need.

Prior to 8:00, complete:

3 rounds of:
6 chest-to-bar pull-ups
6 squat snatches, 95 lb/43kgs

Then, 3 rounds of:
7 chest-to-bar pull-ups
5 squat snatches, 135 lb/61kgs

Result = 47 reps (tiebreak 4:43)
(Fridays result - 46 and 5.27)

So i was close to my goal but just did not reach it. My pacing was good, no rush and was 44 seconds faster but i missed a snatch at 43kgs in the final round which threw me off a little and cost me 10 seconds or so.

At 61kgs i hit the first 3 reps solid as hell and i think rushed a little on the 4th and missed it... took a breath and hit it nice and solid... 10 seconds left and set up for nr 5, 2 seconds left did not get the lift, not enough time...

The 2 misses is what i wanted to avoid... had i not missed them i would have had time to complete the C2B as they can be completed nice a quite in a final sprint... but so was not to be today... i was dissapointed for a while but i know that just the tiebreak time is worth allot and then on top of that that extra rep will move me a little up the field. My goal can still be reached.

Cool down
clean up and stretch for 20min and get over dissapointment.