View Single Post
Old 03-10-2017, 04:07 AM   #445
Alex Burden

Profile:
Re: Its me and it's her (the wife)

Its Friday morning and that time again.... 17.3.. woke up a little earlier today as i had to pack the car with stuff we were taking to our summer house. At the gym 45 later today which felt a little weird.

Wife did her thing today until it was time for her to judge me.

Warm up
3min on the rower then onto stretch and mobility.
At the same time i squated and warmed up with hang power snatches, snatch balance and full snatches. In between i hit the rower for 1min intervals to get the heart rate up a little. In total it took me 45-50min before i was ready.

The wife hit the rower for 4min then stretched and stuff, back to the rower to hit 4k max 22 strokes/min. time 19.10 She wanted to go under 19min but talked to people at the same time she rowed , loads in the tank as she put it.

wife:
6 x 8 back extentions

4 rounds
10 sit ups
10 DB bench press

10x4 rear delts @ 3&4kgs

40 sit ups to finish it off.

For me - 17.3
So looking at 17.3 my plan was to reach the 135lb/61kg snatches. This is 81% of my 1rm so i know they will be tough but doable.

Prior to 8:00, complete:

3 rounds of:
6 chest-to-bar pull-ups
6 squat snatches, 95 lb/43kgs

Then, 3 rounds of:
7 chest-to-bar pull-ups
5 squat snatches, 135 lb/61kgs

*If all reps are completed, time cap extends by 4 minutes. (did not add info as i did not plan to get past 8min)

Result = 46reps (tiebreak 5.27)

I got to the 61kg snatches and completed 3 of them but actual missed 2 reps on them. So for monday my plan is to complete the first 5 reps at 61kgs. Looking back on this the C2B were quite easy, i broke them up from the start but i took too long on the set up for the snatches. I lost around a minute on this we worked out. So on Monday, speed up the set up to the bar and rip the hell out of the snatches, doing singles. This should give me enough time to complete the snatches and anything past that is a bonus.

The dividing factor this week is the snatches as i do not think that many people in the masters can actually snatch more than 60-70k... this could be another good moving week for me this week, i just need to go for it. Last week gave me the jump i needed as the motivation.

So looking forward to Monday.... with a goal in my head.

Cool down
clean up our mess and stretch for 30min.

thats that..........back Monday

Last edited by Alex Burden : 03-10-2017 at 04:27 AM.