View Single Post
Old 03-06-2017, 02:12 AM   #442
Alex Burden

Profile:
Re: Its me and it's her (the wife)

Monday morning and feeling quite good and wife is in a really good mood

But let me tell you about the weekend..... my glutes and hamstrings were so sore on Starterday it was unreal and we had to move our new replacement hot tub up onto the rocks behind our summer house!!! So i worked my legs for 4hrs during the move and when i got home it was a hot bath, stretching and flossing to get them to loosen up. Glutes still sore on Sunday morning, so it was out for a power walk for an hour with the wife and more flossing and stretching and to top it all off in the eveneing a hot bath for an hour... Now over the whole weekend the wife has been laughing at me and poking my glutes..... she had allot fo fun with that...

So the wife did her own thing today until it was time to judge me:
Warm up for the wife
1K row nice and easy to get the body going
little stretch between then
4K row nice and even pace no more than 23 strokes/min Time= 19.09 She was very pleased with that and had allot left in the tank.

Then she did:

5 rounds of:
5 wall balls 4kgs
5 K2C

then 3 rounds of:
5 wall balls 4kgs
5 K2C
4 lengths racked farmers walk 12kg Kbs

Then onto me, i know what i have to do today.... repeat 17.2 and complete at least 12 bar muscle ups. I missed 2 reps on Friday so i want to make up for them. I think 17.2 can be a good week for me to move up the leaderboard so i need to take this chance as the Bar MU's are hard for allot of masters.

Now i have that niggle in my left hamstring, so i rocked taped that well as that i knew would really help me and protect me from any injury.

Warm up
Warmed up on the rower for 1k then i started to hit some squats, bench press and in between 2 x 1min rows at a higher rate to get the heart rate up. Stretch and mobility at the same time. Did a few 2 T2B and zero bar muscle ups to as i felt quite good.

good stretch and mobility the whole time and after 40min i was ready.

Put on some 70s music classics to keep everyone happy in the gym, kool and the gang, ram jam, ELO you name it... all up beat tunes (in our CF area) and i got in the zone.... put my CF head on...

Complete as many rounds and reps as possible in 12 minutes of:
2 rounds of:
50-ft. weighted walking lunge
16 toes-to-bars
8 power cleans
Then, 2 rounds of:
50-ft. weighted walking lunge
16 bar muscle-ups
8 power cleans
Etc., alternating between toes-to-bars and bar muscle-ups every 2 rounds.

Men use 50-lb. dumbbells

Result = 92reps (6:01 was the tiebreak time)

I was so pleased with today and was way more efficient on the first 2 rounds. I did not stress out and was 40 seconds faster. Once i had completed the lunges and it was time for the bar muscle ups i took it easy... hit one, rest, hit one rest. I made sure my kipp was strong... i hit 13 in a row and missed nr 14.. rested and then hit nr 14... i gave it all i could and even the wife said i looked fresh and more focused.

Those 4 reps and the tiebreak time will really help this week... so pleased so pleased....

Cool down for both of us
clean up the mess and stretch for 20min..

Great day today....