View Single Post
Old 03-28-2008, 05:40 AM   #6
Ian Haya

Profile:
Re: I can't take it anymore

Have patience young grasshopper. 14 lbs in 6 weeks is huge. There's a lot of people out there who'd kill to get that kind of gain in a YEAR. You seem like the perfect candidate for SS, as this program is specifically designed for people like you.

Have you been doing weighted pullups or dips? If you're comfortable with the squat/press/deadlift part of the program, you can add in weighted dips/pullups for assistance. I think Rip recommends doing them 1x per week (dips mon, pulls wed or vice versa) as either 2x8 (lighter weight) or 2x5 (heavier weight), depending on how much it gases you. They are meant to be assistance exercises, so do them only if you are making consistant significant progress on your main lifts.

Remember, the more weight you gain, the more weight you have to pull. You should want to build functional muscle, not puffy big ones filled with water weighing you down. This helps in bodyweight anything - pullups, dips, pushups, muscleup, box jump, handstand pushups, etc.

Stick with the program, keep adding weight each workout, drink the milk. As long as you're making gains and the lifts keep going up, there's no reason to change the program. A body like Greg A's isn't built overnight, no even 5 months. Actually, there's a lot of people out there in this world that are his size, but I'd wager that almost none of them can do the superhuman feats he can. You can bet that every single muscle fiber in his body is doing something useful.

Last edited by Ian Haya : 03-28-2008 at 05:42 AM.