View Single Post
Old 03-18-2016, 11:06 AM   #4
Ben Joven

Profile:
Re: How to stop butt wink end of squat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik Nichols View Post
Ben, how is you mobility, how is your range of motion. strength, are you on your heels?

What can you do, what can't you do. That will help alot more.

In saying that. make sure your core (abs, back) are tight befor you even start the squat. Keep them tight and DO NOT surrender form through out the movement. Knees out from the TOP of the squat and keep them out through out the movement.

With out any other info, exercises that help mobility, is sitting in a squat WITH GOOD core and no butt wink, driving the knees out with your elbows for 1 min at a time, really focused on good form may help.
Thanks for the info!

In regards to mobility I have bad ankles from basketball, in regards to strength I can go 225x5 atg-but with a butt wink and spine curvature-I'm always driving through my heels...

Was doing "starting strength" for over a year, squatting three times a week and had my kid video tape my squat and noticed that once I'm passed parallel I got the butt wink.

I'm not even sure why this is bad, but from seeing video of myself it just seems like unnecessary stress on my lumbar.