View Single Post
Old 08-02-2015, 09:31 AM   #221
Coach

Profile:

Re: Exercise Associated Hyponatremic Encephalopathy, Gatorade and the ACSM

Ironically, while Gatorade’s Korey Stringer Institute was Tweeting on the subject of medical services at The CrossFit Games, I was on Capitol Hill speaking to committee staffers about regular injury and death from EAHE arising from the fraudulent and perverted science spawned by collaboration of Gatorade, and its other institute, the Gatorade Sports Science Institute, and their puppet, the American College of Sports Medicine.

Gatorade/GSSI, and the ACSM are individually and collectively unique in that no other organizations or individuals have caused acute and deadly trauma in athletes with health guidelines. You’d need a gun to do what these “fellows” have done with “science”. (Notice, I said acute. More to follow on their contributions to chronic disease. Here you’d need bombs.)

I have three ideas for the Korey Stringer Institute, and their founding partner, Gatorade. (If anyone from the other founding partner is paying attention, then follow my claim that your partner has needlessly hurt athletes.)

1. Why not rename the institute after one of the football players your founder’s guidelines have killed? Zyrees Oliver, Walker Wilbanks, Patrick Allen, ...

2. Promote the statement of the Third International Exercise-Associated Hyponatremia Consensus Development Conference sponsored by CrossFit, Inc. This has been published by the Clinical Journal of Sports Medicine and The British Journal of Sports Medicine. What came from that conference was an elegant scientific consensus advising to drink when you’re thirsty and don’t when you’re not. Amazing how much work it took to clean up your mess on this single topic.

3. It’s time to look at the role of hyponatremia-induced intracranial pressure on the transmission and propagation of collision energy in football players. Have tainted hydration guidelines been a cause of traumatic brain injury? Let’s be a real institute and do some real science.

Eager to help,

Greg Glassman, CEO
CrossFit Inc.