View Single Post
Old 08-04-2009, 08:06 PM   #7
Walter Moyer

Profile:
Re: Vegetarian doing CrossFit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankit Patel View Post
All,
I'm a vegetarian that eats eggs and dairy and I've been doing CrossFit for almost a year now with lots of great results. I have a blog called The Vegetarian's Review YOU MUST ENSURE YOU ANNOTATE ALL LINKS WHETHER WORK AND FAMILY SAFE.and it's really there because I get so many questions on how to be a vegetarian and still maintain health. I wanted to get opinions on what other people in the CrossFit community are doing with vegetarian diets. If you have any information please post.
I just joined crossfit and have been vegetarian for about 6-8months.... I became vegetarian because of health stuff (taking part of my colon) and other medical stuff found that I needed a high protein and high fiber diet which leaves out meat. I do eat eggs, and fish and because of a Vit D issue I started to eat cheese and milk again. I eat minimal processed food... started exercising and a result joined crossfit.... it's been about 5 years to bring me here..had lots of stuff to fight (mostly me) and got beat up a bit to get here..