View Single Post
Old 08-02-2009, 05:40 AM   #6
Rachel Y. B. Lindsay

Profile:
Re: Vegetarian doing CrossFit

Hi! I was a vegetarian for 10 years, this year I've moved to nearly-vegan. Although I haven't tried to adjust my diet since starting Crossfit, I know the vegan fitness community is a good place for info on how to tailor a vegan diet to an athlete's needs. http://www.veganfitness.net/ (WFS)

For myself, I eat this way because I like it and because it makes me feel good, not because I think it's the best way to eat or anything like that. My eating is very unstructured, but in general this is what my day might look like:

A smoothie for breakfast: pomegranate juice, soy milk, medjool dates, flax meal, powdered hemp meal (which IS a whole food, BTW), stevia, and frozen fruit

A salad or sandwich with chickpea salad for lunch, or leftovers from the previous night's dinner. Usually a banana in the afternoon, and something sweet like dark chocolate or a few cookies

Something out of a vegan cookbook for dinner, proteins include tempeh, tofu, TVP, legumes, and frozen meat substitutes. I like one-dish meals like curries with rice, or pasta with vegetable sauces and a veggie protein, or pot pie type things.

I'm in love with coconut milk ice cream. Ate it twice yesterday.

Last edited by Lynne Pitts : 08-02-2009 at 09:33 AM.