View Single Post
Old 01-13-2017, 11:54 AM   #4
Michael E Tancini

Profile:
Re: 10 Months Post Shoulder Surgury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Sampson View Post
I had surgery to repair my rotator cuff in my right shoulder on Feb 17 2016. The doc said I had 2 tears. A partial and a nearly complete tear. He also shaved down the clavical and removed some bursitis. I went through therapy and have continuned my own at home based on the therapist recomendations. At 9 months post op I was given the green light to work out on my right side as long as I didn't feel any pain. The doc said to stay within my range of motion. That's where the problem lies. There is always pain and limited range of motion. I have about 90-95% mobility in my right shoulder as aposed to my left (good shoulder). I am not able to do a back squat with both hands on the bar. The right side it too stiff. I've tried many stretching exerices but I can't seem to gain any mobitlity. I have my 1 year follow up in about 6 weeks. How long does it take to recouperate from shoulder surgery? Can anybody recommend a streching routine?

PS: not to mention I can't do overhead anything. And benching sucks too.

Targeted Mobility to the positions you struggle to get into is where a lot of your focus needed to be right now. Mobilizing and then Stabilizing into the overhead position and bench press archetypical positions will be hugely beneficial. Check out my instagram feed for a whole bunch of mobility and stability exercises you could do for yourself. I've posted a lot on my feed regarding the shoulder (mobility and stability). My IG is @groundtooverheadpt

Let me know if you have any questions. I'll be glad to help.