View Single Post
Old 07-01-2009, 01:32 PM   #1
Jason A Smith

Profile:
Jason's Workout Log

Good day this is my first post, but not my first WOD. A little about me:

I am a dad of two and a husband and 32 as of right now. I make a living as a mechanical engineer. Kind of stumbled on crossfit a few months back but wasn't ready at the time. For the last 6 months I have been following P90X, which is a very good program and helped me quite a bit. I am now ready to take it to the next level and started my crossfit journey this last week. I am enjoying it quite a bit. I like the fact that I don't know what is coming every day. I am currently set up wih a pull up bar, rings and some adjustable dumb bells. I am going to invest in an Olympic bar, bumpers and a stand (maybe I'll make my own) and some other stuff as time moves on.

Anyways here is my workout log from the last week (starting last Thursday)

AMRAP in 20 min

60 lb Thrusters 5 reps
60 lb Hang power clean 7 reps
60 lb SDLHP 10 reps

I managed 6 rounds in 20 min

"Nicole"

AMRAP in 20 min

400m run
Max rep pull ups

9 rounds, 12-8-6-5-5-6-4-5-5 & 1/2 run

2 rounds for time:

1 arm push press R 12 reps 45 lb
1 arm deadlift L 12 reps 52.5 lb (as heavy as I have right now)
800m run (on the elliptical)
1 arm push press L 12 reps 45 lb
1 arm deadlift R 12 reps 52.5 lb
800m run (again elliptical)

29' 40"

Rest Day - which I needed and took

CFT:

Back squat - I did w/ dumbells at the most I have 105 lbs. I did more than one
Shoulder press - w/ DB's 100 lbs - which was my max effort
Deadlift - again 105 lbs. but I did more than one.

MY CFT for the first time out was 310 lbs. - hopefully better next time with a bar & weights

"Eva"

4 rounds for time
800m run
20 DB swings 35 lbs
20 pull-ups

27'40" - I probably could have pushed one more round but I took the advice from the Brandx site and made sure I didn't end up in the hospital

Run 10 km

I did about 7.5 km 43'44" (I will be trying to get the full 10 km next time in under 60 min) Thought I better not push too hard.

Anyways I am quite pleased with my first week. I am still walking and I must thank the P90X program, there is NO WAY I could have done this without it first. I think I needed that to get myself motivated. I live at least 2 hours from the nearest affilliate and will be working out on my own. I needed the folks on the DVD's to get going. I am really looking forward to lifting and moving heavier loads and watching my progression. I have been reading lots and using the search, FAQ's and the Brandx site for scaling. I am loving it so far. Looking forward to resting tomorrow.