View Single Post
Old 05-03-2019, 07:31 AM   #2077
Vic McQuaide

Profile:
Re: 2014 45-49 Fittest on the Planet goal

A strong mind is a terrible thing to waste. I was in a positive mood, having fun warming up, waiting for the announcement. It is good to let things set in prior to making rash judgements. I saw them and thought wow thats a lot of work. And people sent me messages saying this qualifier was built for you. That immediately turned me off. In my strong mind I was like "Are you kidding", "WTF are they thinking". A few hours after the workouts I came to a conclusion. I can think that are for me and have fun with them or I could stay in the negative and grind them them with that strong mind in tow. I re looked at them and was like- DL, light ohs and dubs... thats my jam. Then the MU and shoulder to overhead. Sure 10 rounds of it, 40 MU, and the sto gets heavy. But hell why not just go for it. 4 exercises of 45 reps (I was thinking it was 55 so I am all ready 10 reps on the positive side). Then sure the 80 bfb and 4k row is not the best but its not a killer. I don't see any killers on the bunch.

So last night my mind did not match up with the my top 3 goals. I did the snatch and hspu last night with a good vibe. Might be a re do on Monday we will see. I don't really thing that I could have done that much better. Just a little faster. Maybe having the snot rag a little closer might have helped. Hehe. Larger sets and more breaks on the hspu's? Who knows.

I found out why I had such aversion to the should be pump me up messages of "these are your workouts" is because if I claim them to be so then if I don't make it, that will be a fail. Just trying hard and doing my best is not going to get me thru. I need to have the "lets take out this workout" mentality.

Sure I have had a small cold for a month. Sure my shoulder is banged up and my back is feeling like 2015 injured. But now I have the choice to rehab and keep this body in 1 piece.

Its easy to have the excuses rolling in and add the programming in but I can't go with that path. Everyone has to do the same workouts. Everyone is dealing with life, situations, old people pains. I'm sure that many are worse off than me.

Positives-
3 rft-
15 dl 225#- could be much more
35 ohs 75#
90 dubs
The Dead lift is dealt in 3 sets of 15. No max! Plus 90 dubs to rest in between sets. The ohs is light and I have a killer set of sleeves. I get the opportunity to take this bad boy out. Just go for it. I get a chance to close the show with 90 fast dubs.

45's. Sure the workout starts with 95# thrusters. I just have to get thru these in 2 min or so. The off to t2b- they are good for me. Then get 45 cleans and 95# super light and then c2b- 8 min cap. Its over fast. Just keep on moving.

5 rounds
4 mu- glad they are in 4's. That is a good number for me.
13 s2o- I have good technique these days. 135# is manageable.
5 rounds of
4 mu- again good number for me
7 s2o- 185# glad its not 205# that is all I have to say.

The tough one is
80 bfb- have to go faster than I wish to and stay steady.
4k row. Glad its not 5k hehe. Will have to do my quick 3 pulls and ease down to a sustainable number.

I will be in that top 3 mentality tomorrow come 11:30AM. My shoulders will be strong and I have the power to take the workout out! I will own these workouts are good for me. These workouts are good for me. These workouts are good for me.

Now just have to go out and have fun with good technique.
Owner of Crossfitdarkside.com Fran: 2:36 Diane: 2:30 Jackie 5:43 Mary 15+ rounds Helen 6:58