View Single Post
Old 03-06-2015, 12:57 AM   #19
Alex Burden

Profile:
Re: Its me and it's her (the wife)

And today it was Workout 15.2

Woke up 05.20 and tired from yesterdays workouts. So today it was all about testing 15.2 and seeing what happens.

For as long as possible:

Rx
From 0:00-3:00
2 rounds of:
10 overhead squats (95 / 65 lb.)
10 chest-to-bar pull-ups

From 3:00-6:00
2 rounds of:
12 overhead squats (95 / 65 lb.)
12 chest-to-bar pull-ups
Etc., following same pattern

So I gave it a try and come up to 38 reps missing those 2 last chest to bars. I need to practice kipping on my C2B and pull ups and the total result will improve allot, but when you are 45 years old and 100kgs/220lbs then that's allot of weight to move I was a little disappointed but I have a goal for Monday and that is to improve the result to between 60-70 reps. This is going to be my motivation and having a good rest over the weekend will help allot. Knowing what my goal is what is going to push me into the second round and just go for it... nothing to loose.

Even though I am in the scaled division I went for the Rx because I can do both movements and this has been my goal, where I can I will go Rx but I am in the scaled which I am pleased about. Even though I know I can get allot farther in the scaled for this WOD I wanted the challenge and went Rx.

So Monday is a new day and a new score will be submitted

The wife did the a slightly scaled version of the scaled version and did really well for herself. She is not in The Open so this was not an issue, its the movements that are important. Slightly lower OHS weight and a band to help with the strict pull ups. This worked really for her and she completed the following.

0-3min 6,6,6,6 completed
3-6min 8,8,8,8 completed
6-9min 10,10,10,10 completed
9-12min 12,12,12,2 completed
For a grand total of total 134

I was really impressed with her, love her for that and yes she was a little tired and grumpy this morning... but who isn't now and then