View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 11:49 AM   #5
Kid Jansen

Profile:
Re: hip flexors (iliopsoas) painful next day after squats

Usually I alternate between front squat and back squat every workout. I work out three times a week (sometimes two) and also have rugby practice twice a week and a match once a week. But because of a neck injury I'm hardly doing any rugby at the moment, so it's just the gym work now.

For the last week and a half I've been focusing a lot on my overhead squat, so I didn't do that much front squats and back squats. I wanted to do 5x5 back squat with 80 kg this afternoon, but it didn't feel right, so I stopped after two sets.

I think I'll try 5x5x50 kg front squat Tuesday night and 5x5x60 kg back squat Friday morning. Shouldn't be too much of a problem, since it's only 43% and 40% of 1RM respectively. If I can't even do that with proper form and without any pain I think I'll go cry in a corner somewhere... :P

Quote:
Does the pain linger more than the next day?
On a scale of 1-10, where is your pain at?
Depends, sometimes it's not even there at all, sometimes for three days, most of the time just the next day.

Pain scale I'd say 2, maybe 3 most of the time. The few times that it lasted for three days it might have been a 4 to 5 on the first day with certain every day life movements.

About my knees going over my toes. No more than most oly style lifters I've seen. I'll try to shoot some videos as soon as possible, but I can only do that when I train early in the morning when the gym is not that crowded.