View Single Post
Old 04-25-2017, 09:06 PM   #12
Francesca Caviasca

Profile:
Re: Crossfitting after a Spinal Fusion

Not sure if anyone will get this since the post is old. I have dealt with L5/S1 herniation since 2006, which was when I found out. In 2010 it flared up like you would not believe and ever since I've had issues. Long story short, in 2010 I was pretty much disabled (even got a form to take to dmv), after rejecting surgery I did epidural injections. They helped. I became a crossfitter 4 years ago. (currently out for a shoulder surgery including a bicep tenodesis). Last year I was being treated for my back again. During workouts, I would get a very bad pain in my lower abdomen. Woman issue was ruled out. The pain I experience now in the back is in the back and not going down the leg as in 2010. (still have numb toes and calf). Today I saw a new dr and he talked about Stem cell surgery. I am now researching it then came across this forum when I searched for "athletes who had l5/s1 fusion" because fusion is also an option. Have you who posted on this thread had the surgery? How are you recovering? To the guy who made it to regionals, how are you doing? I'm amazed you could muster through the pain. But we all experience it different. But go you!