View Single Post
Old 12-18-2015, 05:30 PM   #1
James Pond

Profile:
Proper Body Weight Gain?

What's up guys,

So recently, the last 2-3 months, I have gotten back into crossfit. I don't belong to a box right now I'm strictly garage and apartment gym (lots of dumbbells, medicine balls, pull-up bar, etc.) Well, I had a biometric screening at the end of October saying I was 154lbs and 5'11". The results told me that in order to stay the same body weight that I am with my lifestyle and metabolism I would need to eat about 2800-3000 calories a day. I have been wanting to gain weight and have failed for a long time. So I decided to count my calorie intake. I upped my calorie intake to around 3500-4000 calories a day. Needless to say I gained 10 pounds in about a 6 weeks. I have been reading on here that I should be eating 16+ calories per pound of body weight to gain weight? I want to get a little bigger and stronger, but not Rich Froning status lol. What's a good diet to consider? Right now I drink soda occasionally and candy almost never. I barely eat out and eat lots of nuts, fruits, chicken, tuna, peanut butter, etc. I have been trying to watch and reduce as much fatty and sugary foods out of my diet as well. Anyways, any input helps out a lot! Let me know if there's any more info that can I help you out with! Thank you!

-James