View Single Post
Old 05-06-2011, 07:22 AM   #21
Larry Hotchkiss

Profile:
Re: How maany times a week to train?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Gibbs View Post
a bit of oversimplifying ....back in around 99 Louie did a two large articles in Long Strong Throwing Journal. In the articles apart from outlining his philosphy I counted at least 13 hours of structured work (including some tub work), now of that only two hours were max effort and two hours dynamic, the rest was GPP based.

What Louie may mean, if read in full context is that you simply can run out of the rehab, GPP and recovery and if you don't do enough of that then you overtrain...

from that ...someone who is very unfit (low GPP) could overtrain very easily. Someone with much higher GPP will tolerate much greater stress..
Jeremy is correct and at this point its just semantics. Not trying to take anything away from Louie or disparage his vast knowledge, I just personally think its a silly way to present the situation since the amount of work you do directly dictates how much rest you need and a given period of time is finite. You wouldnt be under resting if you werent overtraining.

At the end of the day, rhetoric aside, I think the OP learned there is no correct answer for him, he will just have to listen to his body and adjust accordingly.