CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (http://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Nutrition (http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   bulletproof coffee (http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=84203)

Hans Wurst 09-12-2013 01:35 PM

bulletproof coffee
 
hey guys!

I tried the bulletproof coffee and I can say that it is like a drug, :D its definitely a huge performance boost. At the original site, the inventor claims that his mct oil and coffee beans are way better than the regular stuff. I have never tried those special sorts of beans or oil and I really got a huge effect even with the supermarket stuff.
Has anyone tried those special beans and oil? Does it have an even better effect on energy or is it just moneymaking?:thanx:

Luke Sirakos 09-12-2013 07:33 PM

Re: bulletproof coffee
 
The beans are a load of crap. Every interview I have heard where someone actually calls him on how he detects micro toxin he never has a real answer. When he was asked if he has ever measured the micro toxin levels in Starbucks or other major brands he says he hasn't because he doesn't have the time. In other words, snake oil.

Kerry Kubla 09-12-2013 08:17 PM

Re: bulletproof coffee
 
No Magic in the beans that he uses. Get what ever type of coffee bean that you desire or like but I will say that a French press will make a way better cup of Joe. Any good quality coconut oil or MCT oil will do. MCT oil is more refined then coconut oil so you will have to use more coconut oil to get the same fat burning effect. Using coconut oil you will be taking in a larger amount of fat however it is very tasty where as the MCT is blah.

Phil Washlow 09-13-2013 07:16 AM

Re: bulletproof coffee
 
His beans taste great, probably the best coffee I have ever had. As for the toxins and such I have no idea. I have noticed that seattles best coffee gives me headaches and his doesn't though.

Darryl Shaw 09-13-2013 01:32 PM

Re: bulletproof coffee
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hans Wurst (Post 1194168)
hey guys!

I tried the bulletproof coffee and I can say that it is like a drug, :D its definitely a huge performance boost. At the original site, the inventor claims that his mct oil and coffee beans are way better than the regular stuff. I have never tried those special sorts of beans or oil and I really got a huge effect even with the supermarket stuff.
Has anyone tried those special beans and oil? Does it have an even better effect on energy or is it just moneymaking?:thanx:

The whole bulletproof coffee thing is nothing more than a money making scam - pure snake-oil.

Frankly I'm impressed he managed to pull it off though. I mean who would have thought that anyone would be dumb enough to buy into the idea that adding ~800 calories of fat to your coffee would help you lose weight and make you smarter?

Todd Neal 09-13-2013 03:13 PM

Re: bulletproof coffee
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Darryl Shaw (Post 1194393)
I mean who would have thought that anyone would be dumb enough to buy into the idea that adding ~800 calories of fat to your coffee would help you lose weight and make you smarter?

LoL. Well when you put it that way...

Greg Spaight 09-13-2013 03:17 PM

Re: bulletproof coffee
 
Magic beans you say?

Jeff Enge 09-13-2013 03:19 PM

Re: bulletproof coffee
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg Spaight (Post 1194409)
Magic beans you say?

You know how it goes... beans, beans, the magical fruit!

Luke Sirakos 09-13-2013 04:46 PM

Re: bulletproof coffee
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Darryl Shaw (Post 1194393)
The whole bulletproof coffee thing is nothing more than a money making scam - pure snake-oil.

Frankly I'm impressed he managed to pull it off though. I mean who would have thought that anyone would be dumb enough to buy into the idea that adding ~800 calories of fat to your coffee would help you lose weight and make you smarter?

You should hear some of the other crap this guy spouts. Only reason it caught on is he rode the whole paleo fad where anecdotal evidence is king.

Todd Neal 09-13-2013 04:58 PM

Re: bulletproof coffee
 
While I agree with everyone that's it's a money-maker, I find it interesting that he has his recipe for Bulletproof Coffee listed on his website. It's not like the substitutions are difficult to make; regular coffee & coconut oil. Seems like he might have missed out on additional profit by making his recipe so easy to acquire. I'm glad he did though, I'm loving my coffee with coconut oil.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:31 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
CrossFit is a registered trademark of CrossFit Inc.