CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (http://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Exercises (http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   new workouts (http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=31708)

Pat Webb 05-13-2008 06:28 AM

new workouts

really interested in seeing any workouts that you guys have made up. i like doing something different all the time. i have been doing crossfit for about 2 months. I don't really do the WOD as it pertains to the calender schedule but am still getting great results. my workout partner and me came up with 10 to the 10th power workout and will be trying it tomorrow.

10 deadlift (135lbs)
10 pullups
10 wall ball (18lbs)
10 situps
10 box jumps (24")
10 pushups
10 thrusters (95lbs)
10 ring dips
10 steps walking lunges
10 kettlebell swings (45lbs)

10 rnds for time.

can't wait to try it.

any of you guys and gals got some workouts to share??

Daniel Gilliam 05-13-2008 06:33 AM

Re: new workouts

here's a "helen" inspired one:
5 rds for time of:
400 meter run
30 KB swings (I have a 35lber)
20 pushups

and here's another that i did on friday: for time
run 1 mile
50 wall ball
50 flutter kicks
50 KB swings
50 pushups
run 1 mile

Samy Daghir 05-13-2008 10:25 AM

-Hey man come on over to my thread in workout logs and hijack the hell out of it, you are throwing out exactly the info I am looking for. I put up all kinds of mutated Crossfit stuff that I try everyday twice a day and it's relation to a ton of other training methods, so feel free to come spit out your stuff and grab some of mine and we will be in one hell of a world of pain...but the good kind.
-The title is "I don't care if I live or die--I am looking for something", sorry dude, but I have no idea how to link it yet. I am still learning this strange device called a forum.

Jeff Yan 05-13-2008 01:14 PM

Nobody likes to be corrected and nobody likes know it all, but I'm just going to come out and say it: that's actually 10 to the 3rd power.

Getting back to the workout...
1000 reps is pretty ambitious--most people are just impressed by the 300 movie workout and the filthy 50 is 500 reps. Please let us know how long this one takes.

Whenever I can't make it to the CF gym, I usually create WODs at home, and they are ALWAYS harder and take way longer than I think. But no WOD, either from HQ or anything I make up has ever taken me longer than an hour. If I were to do this many reps, I think I would be way over the 60 minute mark.

Pat Webb 05-13-2008 02:35 PM

it doesn't bother me to be corrected. thats how i learn. i understand 10X10X10 = 1000 or 10 to the third power. wasn't naming the workout for number of reps just giving it the first name that popped in my head.

the only part that worries me about the workout is the thrusters. maybe have to scale them down to 45lbs. 100 95lbs thrusters is something my body is not willing to do just yet.

we have another w/o we call lucky 7.
7 X 95lb thrusters
7 X pullups
7 X burpees
7 round for time.
that is only 49 thrusters and they kill me.
will definitely have to scale the thrusters lbs. sometimes you just get caught up in making the workout up that you forget how bad it can be.

murph took me a little over 53 min, so i expect this one to be up in that range. just going to try and break the 60min mark.

Benjamin Walsh 05-13-2008 03:06 PM

I did this on vacation a few weeks ago:

run 1 mile

then 5 rounds:
10 slaping pushups
10 broad jumps

then run 1 mile

Jared Ashley 05-13-2008 03:18 PM

Here's one I've done at the globogym I work at that earned me an "are you ok? you look a little pale..." from my manager:

As many rounds as possible in 20 minutes of the complex:

Deadlift
Sumo deadlift high-pull
Power Snatch
Push-Press
Thruster

Choose a weight approximately equal to your 5RM standing press. (I used 95 lbs and got 28 rounds)

Another good one that I've always wanted to try... "get 10,000 lbs from the ground to above your head in the minimum possible time. You may use any combination of movements (typically C&J or Snatch) and weights that you want."

Another was Eva T's "run 1 mile for time. every minute, on the minute, stop and do 30 lunge steps."

A lot of the Painstorms from the brand-X site look interesting too.

Sean Dunston 05-13-2008 03:24 PM

At the end of the Cert I attended last weekend, we went through the "programming" methodology and came up with some pretty sick WODs.

I don't have my notes with me, but I do remember this one:

For time:
21-15-9
Deadlifts @ 225#
Burpees

:pukie:

Sean Dunston 05-14-2008 08:41 AM

AMRAP in 20 minutes of:

500M Row
6 Hand Stand Push Ups

:D

Aaron Trent 05-14-2008 08:47 AM

Satan Smiled:
8 rounds:
Hill Sprint
10 Pushups

Not for time, the walk down needs to be slow and controlled.