CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (http://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Equipment (http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Anyone using "Beyond the white board" (http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=88883)

Alex Burden 10-14-2015 05:51 AM

Anyone using "Beyond the white board"

So that's the question anyone using https://beyondthewhiteboard.com? WFS

If so it would be interesting to know what you think of it and is it actually worth the money.

Has it actually helped you as an individual at all?

Cheers

Corey Tomala 10-14-2015 10:27 AM

Re: Anyone using "Beyond the white board"

I use it all the time to record my lifts and workouts. Easy to access on a phone. I've been using it for years so I'm only paying $3 a month for it which is super easy to justify. Plus I like that I can compare all the big benchmark wods to a lot of other people.

Alex Burden 10-16-2015 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corey Tomala (Post 1257570)
I use it all the time to record my lifts and workouts. Easy to access on a phone. I've been using it for years so I'm only paying $3 a month for it which is super easy to justify. Plus I like that I can compare all the big benchmark wods to a lot of other people.

Has it made any improvements to your training?

What do you get out of it?

Corey Tomala 10-22-2015 12:39 PM

Alex,

Sorry I didn't back to you earlier. I didn't get a reply notification and I don't check this all the time.

In terms of overall training it's helped me just remember where I started how I have progressed, and how I compare to others. I keep track of my 1 rep maxes separately, but I also try to enter them in there as a backup. I also like it for finding new workouts to try and remembering old ones I did a long time ago to do again. The fact that I can access it anywhere with my phone or from a computer is pretty nice.

I personally don't use all of the features available (nutrition, weight, etc), but they look pretty robust.

My recommendation would be to try it for a few months and see how you like it. It's the cost of a beer a month so it wouldn't be hitting the wallet at all.

Matthew Nichols 10-23-2015 07:36 PM

Works awesome. Gives you percentages for lifts, graphs, areas you need to hit(i.e. Gymnastics,met con, oly, etc) takes so much thinking out of workouts.
I've been through a lot of CF apps, BTWB is the best I've found...
I paid the $50/year and worth every cent.

I just wish they'd built in timers! And it would be gold!

Rob Bousquet 10-27-2015 08:55 AM

I contacted them months ago and never heard from them.

Ben Covington 01-04-2017 08:12 AM

I know, I know... Reviving an old thread...

Was wonder who is using BTWB without being associated with an affiliate? What content do you get? Are you able to "follow" several gyms or are you somewhat on your own?

Thanks in advance.

John Drohan 01-05-2017 08:43 AM

I am. Some "tracks" are shared for free, i.e. no cost beyond the initial monthly/yearly BTWB fee. I follow the crossfitlinchpin.com programming from Pat Sherwood as it's one of the free tracks available. Mainsite is also available for free too.

Ben Covington 01-05-2017 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Drohan (Post 1266530)
I am. Some "tracks" are shared for free, i.e. no cost beyond the initial monthly/yearly BTWB fee. I follow the crossfitlinchpin.com programming from Pat Sherwood as it's one of the free tracks available. Mainsite is also available for free too.

Thanks John. I am doing the free trial. Not sure I want to try and bring my data over from WODZilla. Do you happen to know what happens to all of your data when/if you stop paying the fee? Do you still have access to it in some way?

John Drohan 01-06-2017 02:27 PM

I'm not sure if you still have access once your trial or paid period is over. I know that you can export your workout sessions into a .csv file, so perhaps you can do that right before expiration.