CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (http://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Its me and it's her (the wife) (http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=88333)

Alex Burden 05-22-2017 01:01 AM

Re: Its me and it's her (the wife)

Monday morning and sort of ready to go.... had a nice and easy weekend taking care of things at home. Now that its getting hotter hear we sleep with the window open but the birds outside waek up so early and make allot of noise, they woke me up about 3.30am. Sunrise is 3:58 AM and sunset is 9:31PM which means we get allot of sunlight at the moment :)

So i thought we would work on a little 21-15-9, not for time but still no taking it easy.

Warm up
500m jog to get the body and heart pumping a little, shoulder stretch/mobility and then a general stretch for the rest of the body.

Set up and warm up with the first movments.

21-15-9

Wod 1
21 KB deadlift 40kgs/88lbs for me (heaviest we have), 20kgs/44lbs for the wife
50/100 DU/SU's

15 KB deadlift
75/150 DU/SU's

9 KB deadlift
100/200 DU/SU's

This got the heart rate going and the wife blew past me on the second round, she had the advantage with the SU's

Wod 2
21 cal Ski Erg (me) Row (wife)
21 push ups

15 cal Ski Erg (me) Row (wife)
15 push ups

9 cal Ski Erg (me) Row (wife)
9 push ups

Beat the wife on this one and i noticed she pushed it a little too on the rower. Advantage me on the push ups.

Wod 3
21 DB S2O 14kgs/31lbs for me, 7kgs/15lbs for the wife
21 air squats

15 DB S2O
15 air squats

9 DB S2O
9 air squats

2-1 to me today, beat her on this too.

Cool Down
A good stress for 25min.

Quite simple today but was quite hard.

Alex Burden 05-23-2017 12:23 AM

Tuesday morning and a little tired and sore in places from yesterday. Wife was really tired but lightened up after 15min or so then she was in top form cracking jokes :D.

No rocket science today, plain and simple squat.

Warm up

1000m row to get the heart going.

Stretch, mobility and warm up for the squat.

Squat 5, 5, 5, 5, 5... take it as far as you want.
So the idea is to hit sets of 5 reps but all of the reps must be completed with correct form and to the right depth. Rest as much or as little as we liked between sets. No rush.

Wife:
49ks/107lbs new pr for her :kicking0:

Myself:
110kgs/242lbs

All of the lifts for both of today felt really solid. No weakness in keeping great form through the reps. This took about 50min to complete.

Just to finish things off, Superman 20 rounds 10 seconds on and 10 seconds off.

Cool down
clean up and stretch for 20min or so.

A good day today for both of us. Wife was really pleased with her lifts and once she had better control of her breathing she was way more stable.

Alex Burden 05-24-2017 12:32 AM

Normally we rest on Wednesdays but it is a short week this week with a long holiday weekend from Thursday-Sunday so we had to workout today.

Wife was in a really bubbly mood this morning :D, on a real high at 05.30.

The plan for today was a partner workout, not so much the weight put the duration was important.

Warm up
Jogging, extensive shoulder and lat stretch plus a general stretch. Continued warming up with what was to come as we set it up. All in all 25min.

Partner Workout - 10, 9, 8, 7, 6 .....1
Do as much or as little for each movement, one of us worked while the other rested. Communication is key on the rep count to enable smooth transitions between the movements.

Front Squats 15/40kgs
Power Snatch 15/40kgs
Pull ups/C2B
Burpees
KB Swings 12/20kgs
Box jumps 20/24"
K2C/T2B
Run 20m lengths of gym

Time 30.21

Those first rounds of 10,9 and 8 felt as if they took a very long time, we start to get a good flow without stressing out after that and things started to feel good.

A good all rounder for both of us.

Cool down

Clean up our crap and then the wife started to stretch for 25min.

I hit the handstand holds, 4x15 seconds holds to start with and then i worked on 8 negative handstands trying the lower myself as slowly as possible.. on average this took about 10 seconds and it felt great. This is what i need to work on to beat one of my weaknesses.

That was that for this week... back Monday all by myself as the wife has a business trip.. and she is ****ed about that as it messes with her training.

Alex Burden 05-29-2017 01:17 AM

Monday morning and feeling great after the long weekend. days off gives us time to recoup and relax. Wife is going away on a business trip today and will not be back until tomorrow, so 2 days all to myself :D. She is still ****ed.

So for today i had a plan... The number 2.

Warm up

1000m row (4min) nice and easy to get th eheart going.
Stretch and mobility with extensive shoulder work.

The number 2 for 2 movments
Little different today working on opposites. Clean and simple with perfect form.
2 reps on 2 movements at the same time (rotating between them) Take it as far as i can. Move directly from one movement to the next and rest as needed between. The weight must be the same for both movements.

Strict Shoulder press from behind neck 2.2.2.2.2.2....
Strict Shoulder press from rack position 2.2.2.2.2.2....

30, 35, 40, 45, 50, 55, 60kgs/132lbs

Front squat 2.2.2.2.2....
Back squat 2.2.2.2.2....

40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, 100kgs/220lbs

Negative HSPU lowering under control.
20 single reps

Strict pull ups
20 x 2 reps

All of the above felt really good and i could have kept going on the pull ups but that was not the goal.

Cool down
10min stretch.

Nice and simple the whole time was easy on the brain :)

Alex Burden 05-30-2017 01:14 AM

Tuesday morning and no wife.... :( but i get to do what i want today :D. Took a little time to come up with something different so i thought, work on those things i hate or arn't any good at and make it hurt.

Warm up
More of a general warm up to get the whole body going and then shoulder/lat mobility onto legs. around 20min.

Plus warm up with the first part of today.

Things to work on and hate:
I need to work on conditioning, i hate thrusters and i need to work on volume. No rush, get it done and try and keep an even pace.

10 rounds
10 cal Skierg
5 thrusters 43kgs/95lbs

Rest as needed

10 rounds
10 cal Skierg
5 power snatches 43kgs/95lbs

Rest as needed

10 rounds
10 cal row
5 power clean 43kgs/95lbs

This hurt and and took just over an hour. I tried to keep an even pace thoughout, 10 cal on the skierg took 38-43 seconds and the row 35 seconds. Unbroken thrusters, singles on the power snatch to make sure my technique was good (this meant it took 5-6 seconds to set up each rep), cleans tngo.

A constant sweat on the whole time.

Cool down
clean up, sweat allot and stretch for 20min or so.

All in all a good day.

Alex Burden 06-01-2017 01:40 AM

Thursday morning and the wife is back today :D and boy was she tired this morning..... :(. I thought i would keep things very simple today with a few very basic movements for basic strength.

Warm up
1000m row
shoulder/lats warm up plus a general stretch.
Warm up with what was to come.

Basic today = Bench Press
To mix things up today and keep it simple.... using the same bar drop the weight and continue.

1 x Heavy lift
4 x Light lifts

Wife: Number on left = heavy lift, number on right = light lifts.
PR is 45kgs/99lbs

30/20kgs
35/20
40/20
43kgs/20kgs (95% 1rm)
45 F
40/20
43/20 (95% 1rm)
43/20 (95% 1rm)
44 F
40/20

She was a little dissapointed, but i told her she has not worked out for 5 days and to come in and almost hit a pr is really good.

Myself
40/20
50/30
60/40
70/40
80/40
90/50
100/55
105kgs/55kgs (105kgs =231lbs)new masters pr :kicking0:

I was quite pleased with today as we have not benched for a while. 105kgs is a good lift as i have not bothered to go over 100kgs the past couple of years (did a set of 8 x 100kgs a while back) so i thought i why not, push it a little.

Back extensions
8x8 reps weighted with dumbell wife 7kgs, myself 12kgs

L-holds into slow lowering of legs
6x4 reps..

these were harder when the chest and lower back were already blasted but after a couple of sets it was easier to hold that position longer. Wife could hold it for 3-4 seconds and then slowly dropped, i could hold it for 6-8 seconds.

Cool down
Just a general alround stretch for 20min, i hit my hamstrings hard to day as they were extra tight today.

Good day today... tomorrow, sweat partner day :D

Alex Burden 06-02-2017 12:10 AM

Friday morning and things are good.. Friday's are always good... last day of the week and looking forward to the weekend and this is another long weekend for us... Monday and Tuesday off work :D:D. Wife was in a good mood and on a role in the car on the way to the gym..

Warm up
Stretch and mobility plus all of the movements to come.

Partner workout today together complete in total:
Not so much the weight today it was about keeping the movements going. We could work on 2 movements at the same time.

100 cal row
100 lengths of gym run (2km total)
100 KB Swings 12/20kgs
100 KB deadlifts 20/28kgs
100 Wallballs 3/6kg
100 Push ups
100 Sit ups

This took about 25 minutes to complete and the pacing was great between us on the movements and the handovers.

Cool down
clean up and stretch for 20min or so.

That was that for this week... Back Wednesday ready to go...

Alex Burden 06-07-2017 02:24 AM

Another long weekend gone by :(, nice having 4 days off.

Both of us woke up early today before the alarm clock.... it's so light now as sunrise is 3:35 AM and sunset 9:59 PM and it does not really get dark at night, sort of half and half.

Sodue to the 4 days off it is good to work on an all rounder today and a long one at that.

Warm up
extensive shoulder warm up and then we set everything up for today and warmed up with all of the movements.. this took 15min or so.

Then a general stretch for 10min.

All Rounder

1 Clock, 55min non stop.
5 rounds on each movment of:
30 seconds "on"
30 seconds "off"

Row for calories
Run lengths of gym (1=20m)
Wall balls - 9/4kgs
Box jumps/step up - 24"/20"
Burpees

D-lift - 80/50kgs
P-cleans - 50/30kgs
Ring pulls
Du/Su
Sit ups
Back Extensions

Results are in:
Wife
36 cal
21 lengths
69 WB
52 step
30 burpee
26 D-lift
21 P-clean
40 ring
334 Su
51 sit ups
50 back

Total 730 reps

Myself
57 cal
25 lengths
73 WB
44 box
36 burpee
36 D-lift
28 P-clean
50 ring
125 Du
62 sit ups
60 back

Total 596

This was really good and we really had to pace it from the first round of each movement. Pepped each other when things got tough. The diff in the score is basically the Du/Su... i kept it to rounds of 25 so as not to burn out, this only took 15 seconds.. wife kept going for the whole 30 seconds.

Cool down
Allot of sweating, clean up out **** and then stretch for 20min.

great start to this week.

Alex Burden 06-08-2017 12:37 AM

Thursday morning and sore all over the place after yesterday :) but still feeling great and both of us in a good mood.

So the plan for today was snatch and introduce a friend into the world of ohly lifting :D. Wife will do her own thing and work on her snatch.

Warm up
1000m on the row to get going
Extensive shoulder warm up (longer than normal), then onto legs and hips.

Snatch
Wife worked on hang snatch and snatch balance then onto full snatches. She felt unstable and this was because her back side was too high so i told her to push her hips closer to the bar, this lowered her rear, she became more vertical and her knees moved passed her elbows a little more.

Bingo, she felt stable and continued. She only took the weight to 15kgs and worked purley on technique and the stability feeling at the bottom and how the weight felt. It was just flying up and she was pleased with the outcome.

Myself and company
Basically started with checking his width for an indication of grip placement and then range of motion, S2O position, can he OHS. Then we worked on the basics without getting into the finer details. The idea was to get him to have something at the end of the hour so he has a foundation for the future.

Worked on S2O, high elbows, wrists, foot poistion before and afterwards, stability at top and bottom, snatch balance, hang power snatch and then finally hang power squat snatch.

All in all just over an hour and during this time i was doing exactly the same thing but with more weight plus finished off with full snatches. I hit 40, 50 and 60kgs multiple time and felt great, the bar flew up and i was stable at the bottom.

After we were done he was tired in his head more than anything as concentration over such a long time is hard. So next time for him it will be quality over quantity and take his time not to rush. At the end his was really pleased with the results. Over time we can work on the finer details but his basic foundation for the first day was great.

Cool down
Wife stretched for 20min and we chatted for 10....

That was that for today :)

Alex Burden 06-09-2017 01:46 AM

Friday morning and sore all over the place :(, as usual we have things to do and work on.

I had no plan what so ever for anything, i thought we could warm up and see what comes up :D

Warm up
90 seconds on the rower while the other jogged lengths of the gym.. for 4 rounds. No stress just get the blood flowing through the muscles and reduce the stress/soreness a little.

No idea that became something
worked on rear delts, traps mobility and range of motion. 4 simple exercises/movements for sets of 10, 15 and 20 reps.

Scapular Retraction Hold
Read Delt Pulse
Shoulder Extension with Retraction
Front Crawl Swimming

Then we moved onto strict pull ups and the wife tried to get her first pull up... well that did not work so she worked on negatives instead and they went really well. No idea how many we did.

Superman holds... 20 rounds 10 seconds on 10 seconds off.

Cool Down
stretch for 25min

Even though it does not seem as if we did allot i can tell you we felt it. The best thing was the feeling afterwards when you can feel that the shoulders have moved back an inch without trying and that we could feel how we activated the muscles.

That was that for this week.... back Monday