CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (http://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Testimonials (http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Testimonial from a giant!! (http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=81268)

Nic Ware 03-30-2013 07:10 PM

Testimonial from a giant!!

1 Attachment(s)
What's up everyone!

I've been lurking about the forums for a few months now, and figured it was about time for me to share my weight loss progress with the online CF community, and the other site lurkers that haven't yet stepped up to drink the CF Kool-Aid themselves.

But before we dive in, allow me to provide a little background info for you all. I'm 25 years old, 6'5", and was 342lbs as of Christmas Day, 2012. I lived a very sedentary lifestyle up until Jan 20th of this year, when I joined my local box (Redline), and made a serious effort/commitment to change my lifestyle for the better. Since that day, I've gone the strict paleo route (no sugar, dairy or wheat
whatsoever), quit smoking cold turkey, and have consistently hit 4 WODs a week.

I've been taking photos of myself every 3-4 weeks, and stitiched them together to make a collage of my results thus far, which is what I've attached to this post. The image on the left was taken on 01/29, and the right on 03/14. As of 03/14, I now weigh 293lbs!! Down 50lbs and lookin pretty damn fly if I do say so myself ;)

So yeah, the results speak for themselves. I'm excited to continue to improve my technique, lose weight, and finally get fit! Who knows, maybe I'll be the next Rich Froning!! :pepper:

Feel free to ask any questions and all that good stuff!

-Nic

Sara Ochsner 03-30-2013 08:40 PM

Re: Testimonial from a giant!!

Fly for sure Nic!! Congratulations :) I quit smoking when I started CF back in 2011 and haven't looked back. Thanks for sharing and don't be a stranger.

Brad Allen Jones 03-31-2013 07:22 AM

Keep it up!

Nic Ware 04-01-2013 07:13 PM

Thank you both!

Sonya Cordova 04-03-2013 08:10 PM

Wow!!!!!! Congrats that's so amazing

Danny Bostwick 04-04-2013 06:46 AM

Killin' it man! Stoked for you!

Jeff Enge 04-04-2013 07:19 AM

Great work Nic! I sometimes B n M about how I have a hard time gaining weight, and here you are losing more than a quarter of me through good, old fashioned hard work! Fantastic!

Nic Ware 04-06-2013 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brad Allen Jones (Post 1153773)
Keep it up!

Brad,

Your Dayman icon and quote just made my day!!! And thanks to everyone else for your kind words. I'm so stoked to be apart of this community. You all rock in my book!

Also, I'm gonna continue to add progress shots to this post overtime so others can see the awesomeness that is CrossFit at work!:yikes:

Kyle McHale 04-07-2013 06:00 AM

Its always the people like who make me most excited about crossfit not an over emotional or corny guy bit sometimes it give me chills in a good way to see people suceed and totally revamp their life for the better

Michael L Gardner 04-07-2013 02:57 PM

Awesome progress! Keep training hard! :highfive: