CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (http://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Equipment (http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   RX Jump Ropes Vs. standard speed cable rope (http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=70615)

Brian Michaelson 10-01-2011 10:35 PM

RX Jump Ropes Vs. standard speed cable rope

Has anyone used both and which one do you like more? I have been using a standard cable speed rope for a long while now. I am just in the business for buying a new jump rope soon and was curious if anyone has used the RX ones.

Michael Kelley 10-02-2011 09:04 AM

Re: RX Jump Ropes Vs. standard speed cable rope

Love my Rx rope. In fairness, it is the first legit rope I've ever owned. Previously I used the shared ropes in the gym, none of which were sized exactly right and the ones close to my sized had some kinks. My own is well cared for and properly stored, and it just flies. Easy to control, easy on the grip, and so far has allowed me to build to 49 consecutive double unders (yes, that's a testament to what happens when you think "wow! I'm going to hit 50" and interrupt your concentration).

Scott Butler 10-02-2011 09:33 AM

I got an RX rope when I first started trying to learn double unders. And I couldnt fault it.

It was heavy enough, and it gave enough encouragement when needed.

I have since moved to a basic cable rope - purely for speed now.

I will keep my RX rope forever though as it has been made to perfection. Perfect size and adds just a little bit more weight during selected workouts.

Sheldon Victorine 10-02-2011 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Kelley (Post 991521)
Love my Rx rope. In fairness, it is the first legit rope I've ever owned. Previously I used the shared ropes in the gym, none of which were sized exactly right and the ones close to my sized had some kinks. My own is well cared for and properly stored, and it just flies. Easy to control, easy on the grip, and so far has allowed me to build to 49 consecutive double unders (yes, that's a testament to what happens when you think "wow! I'm going to hit 50" and interrupt your concentration).

haha! The same thing happened to me before! I have the elite rope and love it to death. They have so many rope types also, wether youre looking to build up endurance or hit a new PR theres a lot of choices and the quality of the rope is fantastical. Also I know the guy who makes the ropes, real cool guy. Plus theres some pretty pimp grips they got. :P RXjumpropes FTW!

Brian Michaelson 10-02-2011 10:07 AM

Thanks guys! I am probably going to get the "Ultra" cable. Seeing as how 99% of workouts don't call for max double unders or 100+ consecutive.

Nalin Prabhu 10-03-2011 06:55 AM

I have three cables from them-
the buff 3.4- WAY WAY WAY too heavy IMO

the elite 2.6- still on the heavy side, but gives good feedback. Good for a novice. Hurts like a #$%# when you miss.

the ultra 1.8- Probably the closest to the buddy lee rope in weight. It's what I use. Might graduate to a hyper 1.3 eventually.

All of these are steel braided cable encased in pvc- so even though they are skinny ropes, they are relatively heavier.

Brian Michaelson 10-03-2011 08:56 PM

My boss actually just bought the exact same one I have been thinking about getting. Needless to say, I am now going to pick up the "Hyper" speed one. The one he bought is still too heavy for me. I can string 100+ on a good day:D with my speed cable rope and I just want to get something a little more durable. Once I pick it up i'll post my review on it.