CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (http://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Stuff and Nonsense (http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Seen at the globo yesterday (http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=31110)

Mark E. Wallace 04-29-2008 11:25 AM

Seen at the globo yesterday

I'm not usually one for "I saw this idiot at the gym yesterday..." stories, but what I saw yesterday is just too good not to tell.

This lady was doing bent-knee situps (better than nothing) with an iPOD velcroed to her thigh. No big deal I guess, except the iPOD wasn't playing music. It was showing a video of Dancing With The Stars! She was so engrossed in the video that she would come up for a situp, sit in that upright position for about 30 seconds, then come back down about halfway before coming back up again, never taking her eyes off of the screen. She did this for about five minutes, then got up, toweled off, and moved to the treadmill. She then removed the iPOD, repositioned it on the treadmill, and spent the next ten minutes or so walking at a snail's pace while dividing her attention between the iPOD and the big bank of televisions above the treadmill area.

This was just one of the funniest things I've ever seen at the gym.

- Mark

Elliot Fuller 04-29-2008 02:00 PM

Re: Seen at the globo yesterday

Watching it at the gym is still better than watching it on the couch :)

What am I saying... there is no good place for Dancing With the Stars. Period.

Frederic Giraud 04-29-2008 02:10 PM

How did you see all this happening?

Someone wasn't giving the attention it deserved to the WOD!?

:p

Mark E. Wallace 04-29-2008 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frederic Giraud (Post 301618)
How did you see all this happening?

Someone wasn't giving the attention it deserved to the WOD!?

:p

1. It was nearly impossible to miss
  2. I was done with the WOD by then.
  3. I was cooling down on one of those treadmills, which overlook the area in which she was doing the (we'll just graciously call them) situps.

Nice try though. :) ;)

- Mark

John Seiler 04-29-2008 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elliot Fuller (Post 301613)
What am I saying... there is no good place for Dancing With the Stars. Period.

Agreed. All those smoking hot dancers in tiny outfits gyrating around. Icky. :evilsmile

Mark E. Wallace 04-29-2008 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Seiler (Post 301725)
Agreed. All those smoking hot dancers in tiny outfits gyrating around. Icky. :evilsmile

It's horrible. A travesty, I tell you. Shameful. :evilsmile:evilsmile:evilsmile:

(both wfs, more or less)

Slobber slobber
Drool drool

I'm not a fan of the show, but this lifelong fan of Kristi's on-ice wiggle send his deepest thanks to the show's producers :thanx:

Brian Yoak 04-29-2008 05:44 PM

I run a sport performance center that leases space from a YMCA. We have KB ranging in weight from 8lbs to 75lbs.
There are a few people that use the KB outside of myself and my colleague, but not many.

As I walked out of my office to the gym floor, I noticed a man grab a 16lb KB. I kept walking and thought to myself. Finally, someone other than me using is going to use them...this guy looked like he knew how to use it.

Upon returning the same way about 1 min later, I find this same man sitting on a Therapy Ball doing bicep curls with the KB.

My response was something like this.....:yikes:

Matt DeMinico 04-30-2008 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Seiler (Post 301725)

You mean like...

http://www.ohnozone.net/060520b.jpg

Cal Jones 04-30-2008 08:32 AM

I've seen people reading books whilst doing twisting crunches...you know the ones where you bring one elbow towards the opposite knee...not that we do those, ever.
My favourite, though, was seeing two girls deep in conversation whilst tugging half heartedly on the C2 rowers. Now if I'm rowing, I'm trying not to black out or vomit...conversation is a million billion light years away!

Spencer Provow 04-30-2008 09:10 AM

Thanks Matt I found a new show to watch ha