CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Tommy Dee's - In the making (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=52587)

Tommy Desrosiers 10-30-2009 09:19 PM

Tommy Dee's - In the making

So yeah, I decided to finally start a training log. Some time have passed since I found this site and it really changed my life. I don't have impressive english writing skills but since this site gave me so much, I guess it is my duty to write my journey and if one person can find some motivation in my words, than I would have done my job. I will surely look at these early posts in some years :P

[U]Me[/U]

I'm currently 20 years old and this is my story. In high school, [U]I was really out of shape[/U]. I did like the 2 last years doing almost no sports at all. In fact, I was a [U]5'8, 120 lbs nerdy kid[/U], passing almost all my free time in front of my pc, playing videos games.. zombie-like. I graduated and finally found something I'd like to do in my life. I wanted to be a [B]police officer[/B]. The steps to be a policeman in my province, you need to be attend 3 years at college, studying police technology. After that, you need to get in a more pratical school for like fifteen weeks, a national police school, so you can finally work as a policeman in Quebec.

Anyway, so i decided to get to work and I did as almost everyone else and gone the [U]bodybuilding way[/U] for [U]almost 2 years[/U]. I was not very motivated and didn't feel like I was in the best shape I could get. I heard about Crossfit in late 2008, on car forums I was crawling at the time and I decided to take a look. I didn't really understand what that was all about and I took like a week just gathering information about "what crossfit was". Read the FAQ, read some testimonials and lots of articles. It was about the same goals as mine, so I decided to give it a try. My first workout was, if I remember correctly, Cindy. WODS passed by and I had a hard time following up at the beggining but damn I was hooked. I started some Judo at almost the same time. After like 2 months I really started to feel I was in a good shape but then, it happened. I got hurt a at judo, a foot injury and I stopped working out for like 2 months.

Motivation was getting low about training and I finished my second years of college without working out. Summer time was about working 4pm to 12pm evening shifts but I was teamed with a boy my age, now a good friend of mine and he was pretty bulky. He trained for football and MMA so yeah we talked a lot about training techs and that was all I needed to get the motivation to come back. I had bought Starting Strength and tried it for like 3 weeks before getting injured. I wanted to try it again to get some mass. I started SS(gomading) at 143lbs and finally got to 160lbs, with some stummy fat. I was feeling stronger but kinda out of shape cardio-wise. I did crossfit again but I had not the cardio I had before. I decided to SS again to get a bit bigger before coming back full-time to Crossfit. I hit 170lbs pretty easily getting stronger all the time and not really that fat, I guess I can lose like 2 or 3 pounds of fat. My goal was to hit 185 and cut down to like 175 but I was missing crossfit so much...!, and I will get some time to bulk again before the national police school in like 2 years from now.

Well here I am. Prepared and motivated to hit Crossfit workouts again and if I stop updating this log, I'd have failed to reach my goal.

Tommy Desrosiers 10-30-2009 09:34 PM

Re: Tommy Dee's - In the making

[U]Current stats[/U]
I did Starting Strength for like 1 month and a half so I will posts these stats as I didn't test other stats for a while. I will upgrade them soon.

[U]Current bodyweight[/U]: 168lbs
Squat: [B]5x295[/B] lbs
Bench Press: [B]5x210[/B] lbs
Deadlift: [B]5x330[/B] lbs
Press: [B]5x130[/B] lbs
Power Clean: [B]5x170[/B] lbs

Tommy Desrosiers 11-01-2009 08:12 PM

[U]30/10/09[/U]

[B]25x Squats,pushups,pullups,situps
50x Squats,pushups,pullups,situps
75x Squats,pushups,pullups,situps[/B]

time: [B][U]31min20s[/U][/B]

Performance: Did break the 50x and 75x sets in all 4. Pullups were very hard after first 20 of the second set, did jumping pullups instead to finish it.

Difficulties: 8.5/10, was not really out of breath but i couldnt really get them all unbroken. I did feel a bit dizzy afterall. . I stayed on the ground for a good 10 mins feeling a bit sick but I liked it a lot, missed this feeling so much!. Pukie score: 6/10.

Tommy Desrosiers 11-26-2009 09:46 AM

Ok didn't post for a month because I hurt my left knee badly at Judo. Couldn't walk for two weeks.. Just started back crossfit 2 days ago. I feel like I've been lazy for an whole month but that's a reason to kicking my *** harder in the workouts :)

So...

[U]24/11/09[/U]

Decided to try [B]Fran[/B] for my comeback. Yeah a little gift from me to me :)

21-15-9
89lbs Thrusters(yeah yeah i know subb'd)
Pullups

Time: About 9 mins, my watch stopped when i was thrustering so i added like a minute to the clock but it stopped less than that I guess. Anyway lesson learned, will not wear my watch when pressing something overhead :P

Feeling: I was feeling kinda dizzy after the workout, pukie wasnt going to come out but everything was spinning around me and I couldn't focus on anything straight. I just layed on the ground for a good 5 minutes but was still feeling wierd, that awkward feeling dissipated about 15 minutes later. Liked it.

Cooldown: played badminton for an hour. medium-paced.

[U]25/11/09[/U]

My legs were still sore from Fran. I felt like a metcon need.

25x Burpees
15x BW Squat(155lbs even if my BW was ~170) yeah i know :(
Max rounds for 20 mins

Score: 3 rounds + 5 squats. Not bad but didn't go as low as I wanted on the squats. Didn't want to feel my knee because it's still hurting a bit when i'm crouching. Did go to parrallel tho. Burpees were the burners, I was sweating like a pig on the floor and I guess the guy leg pressing looking at me next to me was feeling guilty to not even dripping a sweat. Funny :P

Feeling: My legs were hurting like crazy but and I was walking like a penguin to get out of the gym. But eh, no pain, no gain.

Cooldown: 20 mins low-pace crawl swimming, praticing technique, yeah I need some pratice at swimming.

Tommy Desrosiers 12-03-2009 03:28 PM

[U]02/12/09[/U]

Warm-up:
Classic warm-up
Clean jerks + snatches low weight(135lbs)

Workout:
Warmup sets
Front Squats 3x3x3x3x3 - 220lbs (Failed last set at 1 rep.)
3x10 Strict Pullups

No cooldown.

Squats felt heavy on the back(forward leaning), last set couldn't get it up. I felt so weak :( I decided to clean(165lbs) a bit to finish it off.