CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (http://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Stuff and Nonsense (http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   When do you wash your clothes ? (http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=86316)

Adam Zelenay 02-25-2014 04:03 PM

When do you wash your clothes ?

I usually train later at nights, either at 5 or 7 p.m. , come home, manage to quickly dry out the stuff on the balcony, so i can shove it back in my bag in the morning. Since i train almost every day, i just change the towels but dont seem to have time to wash my shorts or shirt. Just wondering, when do u wash your clothes ? :D

Andy Shirley 02-25-2014 08:37 PM

Re: When do you wash your clothes ?

I have 4 pairs of gym shorts, wash when they are all dirty. Usually only one wearing per pair, given the warm climate and my excessive sweatyness. One or two shirts per workout and one sweat towel.

Greg Warren 02-26-2014 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam Zelenay (Post 1221061)
I usually train later at nights, either at 5 or 7 p.m. , come home, manage to quickly dry out the stuff on the balcony, so i can shove it back in my bag in the morning. Since i train almost every day, i just change the towels but dont seem to have time to wash my shorts or shirt. Just wondering, when do u wash your clothes ? :D

I sweat like a whore in church on Sunday, so I don't ever re-wear anything. When the laundry is full (or I'm running out of workout clothes) it's time to fire up the washer. I have at least a dozen different pairs of shorts I wear, and twice as many t-shirts, so I could conceivably almost make it two weeks without washing. I always lay things out to dry before tossing them in the laundry hamper though; otherwise the smell is just unbearable after a few days.

Nik Nichols 02-26-2014 08:40 AM

I wash my close when they are dirty.:rofl: Just kidding. as already said, I have more then one pair of shorts and cycle through them and as for shirts I wear what ever because it will be taken off soon enough.

Jason Olney 02-26-2014 09:41 AM

Usually go 2-3 workouts on a pair of shorts, change shirts every day

Jason Marceaux 02-26-2014 10:01 AM

I wash after every WOD. I sweat too much to re-wear anything.

Joe Spinelli 02-26-2014 11:07 AM

I workout at lunch time so I store almost all of my gym clothes at my office (as well as my jump rope, shin guards, and most of my athletic shoes). After every workout they go into a hamper that I bought and they go home with my every Friday religiously. I have probably 8 pairs of shorts and 12 shirts I cycle through. I can't wear anything more than once because I sweat like mad.

Alex Burden 02-27-2014 11:00 AM

Nothing worse than someone that smells of sweat in the gym... you know that old smell that makes your eyes water.

We had two people we had to tell to wash their clothes or leave... i mean they stunk...

I use my clothes once and then wash them but with no softner only washing powder. Softner will ruin the clothes.

Mark E. Wallace 02-27-2014 04:14 PM

Dang it. We're supposed to be washing them? Nuts.

- Mark

Price Goosby 02-28-2014 07:34 AM

I have enough shirts to last probably last a week and a half without washing. Shorts I only own maybe 4 pairs so I might repeat every now and again, but typically it's every 3 or 4 days I'm washing it all.