CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Equipment (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Best barbell for box use? (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=89081)

Daniel OBrien 02-21-2016 06:11 AM

Re: Best barbell for box use?

Does Eleiko still refuse warranty on the bar if you don't use Eleiko bumpers and drop on an Eleiko platform? I know that was explicitly stated previously, not sure if they've changed their tune.

Alex Burden 02-21-2016 06:41 AM

You would have to read their warranty on their homepage.

This we also be hard to prove for them if you used another type of plate.

Marshall Flagg 02-21-2016 05:12 PM

[QUOTE=Daniel OBrien;1260739]Does Eleiko still refuse warranty on the bar if you don't use Eleiko bumpers and drop on an Eleiko platform? I know that was explicitly stated previously, not sure if they've changed their tune.[/QUOTE]

No. Although I would not expect much love is some janky plates/platforms or whatever are used

Jeremy Schultz 04-09-2016 10:02 AM

[QUOTE=Daniel OBrien;1260739]Does Eleiko still refuse warranty on the bar if you don't use Eleiko bumpers and drop on an Eleiko platform? I know that was explicitly stated previously, not sure if they've changed their tune.[/QUOTE]

Is this real? That would be a reason right there to never buy one.

Rogue will go out of their way to make you happy. Sounds like Eleiko is trying to go out of their way to not follow through with their warranty.

Mike Hollister 04-11-2016 10:21 PM

UPDATE:

We have the Wonder Bar from fringesport and it has been the go-to bar for most gym-goers. The combo of bearings, true 28 and a perfect knurl makes it very popular. We're gonna get more as long as the finish holds up to wear. And, so far so good.

Jeremy Schultz 04-18-2016 01:46 PM

[QUOTE=Mike Hollister;1262079]UPDATE:

We have the Wonder Bar from fringesport and it has been the go-to bar for most gym-goers. The combo of bearings, true 28 and a perfect knurl makes it very popular. We're gonna get more as long as the finish holds up to wear. And, so far so good.[/QUOTE]

Question (maybe this is a stupid question and I'm just missing something):

Why does Fringesport have the Wonder Bar available with for $219 with bearings, but their fancy "Vaughn" bar for $400 is a bushing bar? Did I read that wrong?

Steven Thunander 04-19-2016 12:11 AM

The Wonder Bar v2 is basically the same thing as the Team AF bar now.

Mike Hollister 04-20-2016 09:54 AM

[QUOTE=Jeremy Schultz;1262206]Question (maybe this is a stupid question and I'm just missing something):

Why does Fringesport have the Wonder Bar available with for $219 with bearings, but their fancy "Vaughn" bar for $400 is a bushing bar? Did I read that wrong?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, while $400 does seems like a good price for a "high end" bar, from a pure "stats" point of view, the Wonder bar does seem like a really good value. That said, I'm sure it's possible to make buttery smooth bushings and there are other aspects of bar (including materials, scale, etc) that can drive a price up. I've never lifted on a Vaughn bar but I would love to.

Steven, are you saying that the stats are similar or that they are from the same OEM w/ a different end cap? B/c I would say that the Wonder bar is the best value I've found in a bar. And so far it's held up perfectly fine to box use. Also the knurl is just about perfect which is always a concern of mine in looking for a barbell that I haven't tried yet.