CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Nutrition (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   froning nutrition (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=76095)

Lorenzo Sponzilli 06-17-2012 05:45 AM

froning nutrition

hi, I want to do a question about Froning's nutrition. does he take some kind of steroid or other doping substance

Dimitri Dziabenko 06-17-2012 05:56 AM

Re: froning nutrition

What's your motivation for asking this question?

If you want to know whether Crossfit competitors take drugs, given that athletes take them in EVERY SINGLE OTHER SPORT (and even recreationally), Crossfit will be no different.

Lorenzo Sponzilli 06-17-2012 06:42 AM

I was just curious to know.

Paul Coomans 06-17-2012 07:00 AM

And you think that someone with access to that information would share that openly with you here?

Joey Shishineh 06-17-2012 08:41 AM

he eats peanut butter and chocolate milk. I thought this was common knowledge.

Andrew N. Casey 06-17-2012 04:15 PM

i don't think he is, but there would be no way anyone would know. there are several other top CFers i would suspect more than him anyway based on height, weight, the look they have, etc...

it will become a problem soon enough... with prize money and sponsorship going up it won't be long...

Bob Herald 06-18-2012 10:30 AM

First of all, that has nothing to do with nutrition. Second of all, it's irrelevant. All the steroids in the world won't make you crossfit like Rich Froning or ball like Barry bonds. There has to be a talent base to go from. Erroneous i say.

Paul Coomans 06-18-2012 11:14 AM

[QUOTE=Bob Herald;1070559]First of all, that has nothing to do with nutrition. Second of all, it's irrelevant. All the steroids in the world won't make you crossfit like Rich Froning or ball like Barry bonds. There has to be a talent base to go from. Erroneous i say.[/QUOTE]

The fact that steroids are not a captain america elixer does not make them irrelevant. At all. Recovering faster from damage allows anyone to workout more frequently and/or with more intensity. How is that irrelevant?

Dimitri Dziabenko 06-18-2012 12:21 PM

Lets say you get a strength increase of 5-10% from steroids and maybe 20% improvement in performance from something like EPO. To win without drugs against people who are using, would mean you're at least 10% ahead in the genetic bell curve, which is pretty unlikely. So as Crossfit becomes more and more contested, you can pretty much be certain that the people winning will be using. That is, talent+hard work won't be enough, you'll eventually need talent + hard work + drugs.

Joey Shishineh 06-18-2012 12:42 PM

maybe they are just more talented and work harder.