CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (http://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout of the Day (http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Dirty Thirty (http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=29227)

Matt Bahen 03-20-2008 10:15 AM

Dirty Thirty
 
My first attempt at this one: 26::51.

I sub'd Tuck Jumps for the Double-unders but did everything else as RX'd.

M/5'10"/185lbs
:D

Jericho M. Valle 03-21-2008 03:11 PM

Re: Dirty Thirty
 
I was looking in the demos and may be blind, but what is or are the "Dirty Thirty" thanks

Matt Bahen 03-24-2008 09:06 AM

Re: Dirty Thirty
 
Jericho,

No worries mate. The "Dirty Thirty" is actually a variant of the "Filthy Fifties." I'm not sure if that will help your search out or not. Here's the WOD though for you:

“Filthy Fifties” or “Dirty Thirty” if you use 30 reps instead; For time:
a. 50 Box Jumps (24-inch box)
b. 50 Jumping Pull-Ups
c. 50 Kettlebell swings (1 pood)
d. 50 Walking lunge steps
e. 50 Knees-to-Elbows
f. 50 Push Press (45 lbs)
g. 50 Back Extensions
h. 50 Wall-ball shots (20 lbs ball)
i. 50 Burpees
j. 50 Double –Unders
Source: CrossFit Virginia Beach (http://crossfitvb.typepad.com/),
September 3, 2007 WOD
There are plenty of sources for the WOD but I got it off of CFVB's website. Good luck and let me know if you kick my :censored: when you do it!

-Matt

Jericho M. Valle 03-24-2008 10:52 AM

Re: Dirty Thirty
 
hey thanks..always look for new ways to haze myself and have people look at me all funny in the gym :rofl:..thanks again

Matt Bahen 03-24-2008 11:02 AM

Re: Dirty Thirty
 
I'm sure there are people looking at me funny in the gym as well. I just don't notice them because it's usually all fuzzy and gray around the edges of my eyesight when I'm done with a WOD!

Keith J Martin 03-24-2008 03:29 PM

Re: Dirty Thirty
 
I know people look at me funny, but just to make myself feel better, I assume they are thinking how is that kid getting a better workout than me in 20 minutes when I have been here for two hours using machines???....

Frank Tardi 03-24-2008 03:54 PM

Re: Dirty Thirty
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith J Martin (Post 279039)
I know people look at me funny, but just to make myself feel better, I assume they are thinking how is that kid getting a better workout than me in 20 minutes when I have been here for two hours using machines???....

HAH thats so true keith! whenever i do the WODs at the gym people jus cant seem to fathom how i bust my balls in sucha short amount of time while they are jus loungin around from machine to machine haha i think its so funny. we go to the gym an get a 2 hour workout in 20 mins while others go to the gym for two hours and get a 20 min workout.... god i love crossfit!

Keith J Martin 03-24-2008 08:46 PM

Re: Dirty Thirty
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank Tardi (Post 279060)
HAH thats so true keith! whenever i do the WODs at the gym people jus cant seem to fathom how i bust my balls in sucha short amount of time while they are jus loungin around from machine to machine haha i think its so funny. we go to the gym an get a 2 hour workout in 20 mins while others go to the gym for two hours and get a 20 min workout.... god i love crossfit!

Amen brother!!!

Matt Bahen 03-25-2008 06:46 AM

Re: Dirty Thirty
 
Quality vs. quantity. I was thinking the same thing yesterday as I watched 2 dudes "working out" as I was banging out the burpees. I think they both did 1 set of 10 butterflys and lots of chatting while I was doing 30 burpees. Silliness! :rofl:

James Bailey 03-25-2008 08:16 AM

Re: Dirty Thirty
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt Bahen (Post 278768)
Jericho,

No worries mate. The "Dirty Thirty" is actually a variant of the "Filthy Fifties." I'm not sure if that will help your search out or not. Here's the WOD though for you:

“Filthy Fifties” or “Dirty Thirty” if you use 30 reps instead; For time:
a. 50 Box Jumps (24-inch box)
b. 50 Jumping Pull-Ups
c. 50 Kettlebell swings (1 pood)
d. 50 Walking lunge steps
e. 50 Knees-to-Elbows
f. 50 Push Press (45 lbs)
g. 50 Back Extensions
h. 50 Wall-ball shots (20 lbs ball)
i. 50 Burpees
j. 50 Double –Unders
Source: CrossFit Virginia Beach (http://crossfitvb.typepad.com/),
September 3, 2007 WOD
There are plenty of sources for the WOD but I got it off of CFVB's website. Good luck and let me know if you kick my :censored: when you do it!

-Matt

That is somewhat correct in that it is similar and follows a similar format but this is the workout.

Dirty Thirty (Connie Morreale)

Run .30 miles
30 Rower Pulls or 30 SDHP (45 lbs)
30 Double-Unders
30 KB Swings (44 lbs)
30 DB Push Presses (35 lbs)
30 Box Jumps (24”)
30 Rower Pulls or 30 SDHP (45 lbs)
30 Double-Unders
30 Sit-ups
30 Back Extensions
30 Burpees
30 Rower Pulls or 30 SDHP (45 lbs)
30 Double-Unders
30 Walking Lunges

1 Round for Time


Similar protocol, different workout...


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:06 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
CrossFit is a registered trademark of CrossFit Inc.