CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (http://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   In Search of CrossFitters (http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Crossfit in Dubai anyone? (http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=31936)

Brandon Terry 05-17-2008 07:55 AM

Crossfit in Dubai anyone?

Hi all, I just moved to Dubai and am looking for some crossfitters here, if anyone is interested give me a shout.

Kirez Reynolds 05-17-2008 11:24 AM

Re: Crossfit in Dubai anyone?

Brandon, sorry, we decided to return to the US. I've done some CF workouts at the Pyramids (Wafi City), but you'll probably have better luck at one of the older bodybuilder's gyms --- if you can find one with a pull-up bar. (I actually don't know the gyms well so maybe the prospects are fine; InterCon has a nice gym.) I didn't actually live in Dubai but in Al Ain, just did business in Dubai and was planning to relocate there until recently.

Good luck! I'd love to see someone get a video of a CF workout on the helipad of Burj al Arab. That would be spectacular.

Jonathon Fielder 05-23-2008 12:49 PM

Hi Brandon,

I've lived in Dubai for a while now, though I am pretty new to crossfit.

If you'd like to get together to train or to share ideas/resources then PM me and I'll send you my details.

Jonathon

Darren Coughlan 11-05-2008 01:46 AM

Dubai...Loved it!

I played in the 7s Rugby there in '05 for the RAK Goats!

Dont know of anyone CrossFitting there, but if you hook up with the Hurricanes Rugby Club they should be able to give you info of a good gym.

Ben Hudson 03-21-2009 08:24 PM

Re: CrossFit in Dubai anyone?

Hey I am living in Dubai as well. Have you found any Gym yet that supports crossfit?

Renee Lee 03-21-2009 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben Hudson (Post 547364)
Hey I am living in Dubai as well. Have you found any Gym yet that supports CrossFit?

i think vanessa lee's in dubai. http://board.crossfit.com/member.php...poster&t=44226

i dunno if she's actively CFing though. all i know is she likes chocolate cake at midnight :)

Vanessa Lee 03-22-2009 06:44 AM

Nono I don't CF. Only bake (last night choco chip cookies though) and am now on a mission to get all CFers to the dark side :evilsmile

Just kidding :p You have a pm Ben

Candice Howe 09-02-2009 08:30 AM

Hi!

My other half and I both train crossfit and live in Dubai. Get in touch! We've been looking for a Crossfit community here and people to train with! Having a bunch ogf people is such good motivation!!!! :D :)

Candice

Leigh Gant 09-09-2009 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brandon Terry (Post 313232)
Hi all, I just moved to Dubai and am looking for some crossfitters here, if anyone is interested give me a shout.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonathon Fielder (Post 317418)
Hi Brandon,

I've lived in Dubai for a while now, though I am pretty new to crossfit.

If you'd like to get together to train or to share ideas/resources then PM me and I'll send you my details.

Jonathon

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darren Coughlan (Post 438743)
Dubai...Loved it!

I played in the 7s Rugby there in '05 for the RAK Goats!

Dont know of anyone CrossFitting there, but if you hook up with the Hurricanes Rugby Club they should be able to give you info of a good gym.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben Hudson (Post 547364)
Hey I am living in Dubai as well. Have you found any Gym yet that supports crossfit?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Candice Howe (Post 656544)
Hi!

My other half and I both train crossfit and live in Dubai. Get in touch! We've been looking for a Crossfit community here and people to train with! Having a bunch ogf people is such good motivation!!!! :D :)

Candice

Hi everyone! Guess what? CrossFit Dubai is coming....

Right now I am flying solo in Big Apple and Jumeirah Beach Hotel.

Looking into opening a "box" next year (Physical Advantage is the company I work for, we are in the process of getting it together) but for now you can message me if you're up for a WOD

WARNING: THERE IS ALSO A FAKE CROSSFIT. I have read about people doing "cross fit" by marina, but had a look and it ain't cross fit. Its just fit.

Candice Howe 02-09-2010 03:05 AM

Hi everyone!!

There are now three of us who regularly train together, plus we are in touch with 2 more people who train crossfit and I found a guy in a Gym in downtown
who is also training, so thats at least 6 of us, plus all of you.

We should look for a few places we can get together and train so that once there is a box set up we already have a community.

I see there was a big push on the communications in September, let try and get everyone together by the end of the month?

Candice.