CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Liz's log (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=45264)

Liz Edmonds 04-11-2009 06:17 PM

Liz's log

Hi, I am new to Crossfit and loving every minute of it!

Shoulder press 1-1-1 65lbs
Dead lift 1-1-1 135lbs
Back squat 1-1-1 135 lbs

I was scared to actually max because I was working out alone and still unsure of the movements. Such fun

Tried assisted pull-ups to see how low I could drop the weight. I got down to 30lb assist.

Closed with a 5 mins met-con of 10 squat thrusts and 15 16lbs kettleball swings.

Besides getting stronger, I want to cut down on the sugar in my diet. I see that the main site is all about no sugar. Coming from a place of two deserts a day, no sugar seems ridiculous. So I've been eating plain yogurt and eating dessert on the weekends. Also, I haven't joined a Crossfit gym yet. I'm still working it in a giant box gym. It's hard for me to part with the independence and flexibility of training on my own and I am too cheap to pay for both. But I do drop in occationally to the Philly Center City Crossfit gym for coaching.:kicking0:

Katie "KD" Davenport 04-11-2009 08:39 PM

Re: Liz's log

:welcome::welcome::welcome:

Hey Liz!! I am so glad that you love Crossfit--I knew that once you started doing it there would be no stopping you! I remember you thought I was so weird when I first started (though you were excited about the "cleaning" part...I guess that didn't turn out the way you planned, huh?)

Good luck tomorrow! And every day! I'll be keeping an eye on you!
--D.

Liz Edmonds 04-12-2009 03:28 PM

3 rounds for time
500 m row
10 burpees
400 m run

19:26

Note: I did not understand the display of the first rowing machine that I used, so I rowed to 20 calories instead of 500 meters. This seemed fair.

I am crazy sore from yesterday, especially my lower back. I pushed it a lot yesterday, perhaps too much, which I am told is a "classic rookie mistake". Energy conservation is something that interests and challenges me.
:shrug:

Liz Edmonds 04-13-2009 06:37 AM

120 pulls ups, 120 dips, for time

20:19

split into groups of 10. 80lb assist on the pull ups, 60 lbs assist on the dips. Started a little lighter on the assists but wasn't going to make it!

Ended with 5 mins of 10 box jumps and 25 lbs kettle ball swings. 4 rounds completed

Tiiiiiired

Already ate two cookies this morning. Peer pressure. How to say no thanks?

But feeling good and nicely worked out.

:thumbs_up

Katie "KD" Davenport 04-13-2009 06:40 AM

In my humble opinion...

YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE HAD ENERGY TO DO A METCON AFTER 120 Pull-ups and Dips!!!!

What the heck????:confused:

Liz Edmonds 04-15-2009 07:06 AM

DT

5 rounds for time

12 deadlifts
9 hanging cleans
6 push jerks

45 pounds

17:ish minutes. Took me a long time because I had to stop and change weights. I didn't really think this through at the beginning at started with 65 lbs...which is my max on the cleans.....so I had to pull some weight off. I though I could handle 55 lbs....but no. I couldn't. So 45 and 17 minutes it was.

I've been doing well regarding sugar and have been less dependent on it. Last night, however, I enjoyed the most delicious ice cream sundae EVER. So worth it.

;)

Katie "KD" Davenport 04-15-2009 07:21 AM

Nice job baby! And that sundae was TOTALLY worth it. yum hot fudge...

Liz Edmonds 04-16-2009 07:32 AM

Helen

3 rounds for time

400m run
25 lb kettleball
12 pull ups

First round was 16 lbs kettleball. Too easy! Pull-ups at 60lb assist. Hard.

15:30

This was my first official Cross-fit work out, the work-out that made me a believer. My time was about 21 minutes?

:thanx: Cross-fit!

I've been very hungry and sleepy lately.

Liz Edmonds 04-17-2009 06:09 AM

As many rounds in 20 mins

20 box jumps
15 40 lb push press
20 pulls ups

70 lbs assist on pull ups. Completed 3 rounds and set of box jumps. Felt like I could have gone for longer. I had to rest a lot with the pull-ups. Maybe I should have dropped the weight on the push-press so it could be more aerobic/harder? With a lot of these workouts, I feel like I am not strong enough to make them hard, if that makes any sense.

Katie "KD" Davenport 04-17-2009 06:49 AM

Maybe to make it harder you need to make the weight lighter, if that makes any sense? So you could do it faster?

Or maybe you just need to rest less!! :stir: