CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (http://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Competitions (http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   January: Tabata Everything Challenge (http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=63746)

Ted Apollo 12-20-2010 11:18 PM

January: Tabata Everything Challenge

this challenge consist of performing a different exercise, of your choice, 3 times a week utilizing tabata: 20 seconds on/ 10 seconds off for 8 rounds. once you have used an exercise once during this challenge you are not allowed to use it again in the challenge.

(example) the first weeks programing might look like: Monday: tabata pull ups 8/8/7/5/4/4/5/6, Wednesday: tabata KB swings 10/10/8/6/6/5/6/5, Friday: tabata burpees 12/8/8/7/7/6/7/6

post your totals here daily

Milton Brisson 12-28-2010 10:24 AM

Re: January: Tabata Everything Challenge

Loks good! I am in! I will hope to make up for my poor performance in the month of Cindy.

Adam Carlson 12-29-2010 05:09 AM

question for you Ted:

Would weighted and unweighted exercises count as separate exercises? For example, tabata pull ups, tabata weighted pull ups? Tabata squats, tabata back squats? Tabata dips, tabata weighted dips?

This sounds vicious, but I think I'll be in. I'll have to carefully consider this, since I'll be starting conjugate CF a la Chris Mason the second full week of January.

Ted Apollo 12-29-2010 12:24 PM

glad your in milton!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam Carlson (Post 884412)
question for you Ted:

Would weighted and unweighted exercises count as separate exercises? For example, tabata pull ups, tabata weighted pull ups? Tabata squats, tabata back squats? Tabata dips, tabata weighted dips?

This sounds vicious, but I think I'll be in. I'll have to carefully consider this, since I'll be starting conjugate CF a la Chris Mason the second full week of January.

they are separate. for example: burpees, burpees to pullups, burpees to box jumps, etc.... sometimes its hard coming up with 12 different moves to tabata so here is last years challenge thread for some ideas that other challengers used. http://www.board.crossfit.com/showth...ghlight=tabata (WFS)

this challenge is nothing like the cindy challenge or any other 'grease the groove' type of challenge. its only 3 times a week and fits in really well with hybrid strength programs. i'll use tabata instead of a short, heavy metcon sometimes

Ted Apollo 01-01-2011 06:47 PM

tabata challenge: week 1/day 1 - tabata run

couldn't log the distance of each effort since i ran in an open field & gps was not working.

Milton Brisson 01-03-2011 03:17 PM

Lets get this started!

January Challenge - 8 round tabata row for calories and distance: 48 Kcal/866m

Day 1 of week 1 (1 of 1)

Ted Apollo 01-03-2011 04:21 PM

tabata challenge: week 1/day 2 - strict press (#95) 13/11/6/6/4/4/3/2

these smoked my arms. i probably should have went lighter to get more cardio and not as much muscle failure. it was hard even lifting my arm up above my head after this.

way to kick it off milton!

Ray Ambury 01-04-2011 03:39 AM

I seem to have accidentally already started this challenge since I was doing tabata sprints yesterday. Completely unmeasured, was just doing the sprints with the dog in a field. Be interesting seeing what crazy shenanigans people get up to.

Sorry I didn't finish updating my Cindy challenge stuff, it mostly fell by the wayside. I did do the 18, 19 and 20 rounds in the end but haven't got round to doing a timed 20 round yet and have hardly stepped near a computer during the festive period.

Ted Apollo 01-04-2011 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray Ambury (Post 886295)
I seem to have accidentally already started this challenge since I was doing tabata sprints yesterday. Completely unmeasured, was just doing the sprints with the dog in a field. Be interesting seeing what crazy shenanigans people get up to.

Sorry I didn't finish updating my Cindy challenge stuff, it mostly fell by the wayside. I did do the 18, 19 and 20 rounds in the end but haven't got round to doing a timed 20 round yet and have hardly stepped near a computer during the festive period.

its all good! glad your giving the tabatas a shot

Milton Brisson 01-04-2011 12:14 PM

January Challenge: 8 rounds of tabata ring rows - 9/8/6/6/5/3/1/7 - 45 total

This is day 2 of week 1 for me (2 of 1).

Participation seems light for this challenge - must be a lot of holiday hangovers!:rofl::stir: