CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Fitness (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   How maany times a week to train? (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=66858)

Daniel Sont 05-02-2011 09:32 AM

How maany times a week to train?

So my plan was to train Monday Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. weekly...

Is 4 times a week too much? I started crossfit a couple months ago. So it is either this, or just Mon, Wed, Fri.

Any things i should consider? (I also cycle 11km on workout days, and 4km on nonworkout days)

Spencer James 05-02-2011 09:36 AM

Re: How maany times a week to train?

I think it completely depends on the nature of each workout. Are you doing mainsite CrossFit?

Rebecca Roth 05-02-2011 09:47 AM

[QUOTE=Daniel Sont;932323]So my plan was to train Monday Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. weekly...

Is 4 times a week too much? I started crossfit a couple months ago. So it is either this, or just Mon, Wed, Fri.

Any things i should consider? (I also cycle 11km on workout days, and 4km on nonworkout days)[/QUOTE]

With the cycling, unless you are going at a very casual pace, it does sort of sound like too much, but that can vary wildly by how your wods are set up. Have you considered crossfit endurance? it incorporates more short interval based endurance training, so you aren't impacting your recovery with as much LSD.

Daniel Sont 05-02-2011 10:41 AM

I cycle with effort, not usually maximum effort though. Currently i am just doing CF, about 15 minute warmup, then the CF workout, and then some stretching and stuff.

Im wondering if training that extra day would produce benifits, or just be a waste of time.

Katherine Derbyshire 05-02-2011 10:45 AM

[QUOTE=Daniel Sont;932342]I cycle with effort, not usually maximum effort though. Currently i am just doing CF, about 15 minute warmup, then the CF workout, and then some stretching and stuff.

Im wondering if training that extra day would produce benifits, or just be a waste of time.[/QUOTE]

Some people train six days a week, two workouts a day, and need that kind of load to make progress. Some struggle to recover from three workouts a week. It's really impossible to say without more information.

If all you're doing is Crossfit, and you have good recovery at 3 days per week, it probably won't hurt to add a fourth.

Katherine

Kent Newland 05-02-2011 12:56 PM

As one of my friends pointed out to me the other day, Louie Simmons says there is no such thing as overtraining, only under-resting.

Kent

Doug Blankenship 05-03-2011 07:54 AM

Your not even close to over training with that schedule. Unless, your horribly out of shape.

Larry Hotchkiss 05-03-2011 08:32 AM

[QUOTE=Doug Blankenship;932627]Your not even close to over training with that schedule.[/QUOTE]
May be not if he is 25 but what if he is 55? There are many factors that play into ones recovery.

S.S. 05-03-2011 08:38 AM

[QUOTE=Kent Newland;932381]As one of my friends pointed out to me the other day, Louie Simmons says there is no such thing as overtraining, only under-resting.

Kent[/QUOTE]

What about rhabdomyolosis?

Larry Hotchkiss 05-03-2011 09:13 AM

[QUOTE=Shane Skowron;932638]What about rhabdomyolosis?[/QUOTE]Even without considering things such as rabdo I think lious statement is just plain stupid.

Its like saying you cant overspend money only under save. At the end of the day you only have so much money at any given time just like you only have so much time to recover in any given period of time (ie week, month etc) for the workouts you subject yourself to in that same given time period.