CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (http://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout of the Day (http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Good time for Hero WOD JT? (http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=80215)

Chris Diamont 02-04-2013 11:55 AM

Good time for Hero WOD JT?

Curious as to what a good time is?

Brad Allen Jones 02-04-2013 11:57 AM

Re: Good time for Hero WOD JT?

I'd say under 5 minutes is a good time.

Jesse Emers 02-04-2013 01:43 PM

Under 10 minutes is a really good time, under 8 or 7 is elite... I don't know if sub 5 minutes is possible, if you know of anyone who has done that please post.

Brad Allen Jones 02-04-2013 03:28 PM

Hmm I've never done it personally, but by looking at it I would have guessed 5 minutes is what a regionals competitor would be getting it in. Is it really that bad? I guess I shouldn't have put in my 0.02, just didn't see anyone else getting to it.

Chris Diamont 02-04-2013 05:29 PM

Ok 5 scared me! My time today was 9:43. I really expected it to be easy and I wanted to stay away from legs as I just did an hour long spin class tonight!!

I didn't expect the workout to be that hard but, that first set of HSPU really set the tone!! My shoulders were cooked when I was done. I typically have no problem with 50 push-ups in a set, I barely got 15! The combination was brutal!!

I will give it a few months and try again but I didn't know what a good time should be. If under ten is good then I am happy!!

Brad Allen Jones 02-04-2013 05:53 PM

My bad! Looks like you did good, I'm going to give this one a shot pretty soon...I gotta know how bad it is.

Chris Diamont 02-04-2013 06:46 PM

Not really a cardio killer but the constant tension on the shoulders was brutal. I was having to do 5 at a time HSPU in the second round. By no means am I a crossfit wiz I just started crossfit hard core in January. I have always lifted weights but I am loving the crossfit!! You may smoke this WOD!! My 200 lbs surely added to the difficulty!

John Holcombe 02-05-2013 08:48 AM

The HSPU would take me a long time

Brad Allen Jones 02-05-2013 10:39 AM

For somone like Speal or Dan Bailey, I don't think it's too farfetched to say they would finish in under 5 minutes though, do you?

Jesse Emers 02-05-2013 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brad Allen Jones (Post 1133550)
For somone like Speal or Dan Bailey, I don't think it's too farfetched to say they would finish in under 5 minutes though, do you?

I was thinking after I posted yesterday that it MAY be possible for someone like Dan Bailey to get around 5 minutes. Short limbs with crazy strength/strength endurance, the workout is made for his body type. Still, I think he would be in the 6:30-7:30 range.

It is a super deceptive workout on paper if you haven't experienced it. Your shoulder strength really goes down the toilet after the first round and things really slow down.