PDA

View Full Version : Crossfit Box in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico for March 2013

Cesar Agustin
12-13-2012, 11:10 PM
We'll be traveling with the family to Puerto Vallarta for Spring break, right in the middle of the Crossfit Open. Hoping to find a Crossfit gym in town where we can do a WOD for submittal. At the least, we like access to a gym where we can have the equipment (and approval) to video our WOD.

Suggestions?

Samraj Cortes
01-10-2013, 02:39 PM
Cesar: If you are looking for an affiliate in Puerto Vallarta... there isn´t one yet.

We are waiting for an answer from HQ. In July we applied and we were accepted in October, however, the name we choose was already taken. We provided with different options since then, and we are still waiting for their ok.

We hope for a positive outcome. Soon we will be announcing our opening and we are already searching for a new CFL1 that would be interested in being part of this project; in the beautiful city of Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco Mexico.

:pepper:

Cesar Agustin
01-13-2013, 08:31 PM
At the least, if any locals/visitors are planning on doing the Crossfit 2013 Open WODs, we'd be interested in joining. Not sure if the Dreams resort will have the right equipment for us.

Matt Barber
01-29-2013, 12:50 PM
I'll be in Nuevo Vallarta (Mayan Resort?) from 3/9 to 3/16. I'd like to give the Open another shot.

Chris MacLean
02-04-2013, 11:25 PM
I'm at the Dreams Puerto Vallarta as I type this and I can tell you that their gym isn't that bad but it's not a CrossFit haven.

You could bust out pull ups and they do have a barbell but it's still limited in it's equipment.

If the open is much like last year though, they stuck with fairly inclusive movements.

The plates they have are metal so probably not a lot of dropping them to be had.

Cesar Agustin
02-05-2013, 09:58 AM
I'm at the Dreams Puerto Vallarta as I type this and I can tell you that their gym isn't that bad but it's not a CrossFit haven.

You could bust out pull ups and they do have a barbell but it's still limited in it's equipment.

If the open is much like last year though, they stuck with fairly inclusive movements.

The plates they have are metal so probably not a lot of dropping them to be had.

Thanks for the heads up.

Hopefully the WOD won't use odd equipment. Do you know if there are any local globo gyms?

Roberto Martinez
02-26-2013, 08:07 PM
Al señor Cortés. Mi nombre es Roberto Martinez y soy entrenador certificado Level 1 desde hace tres años. Soy entrenador en Front Range CrossFit en Denver, Colorado, y me interesaría unirme a su equipo. Tengo ganas de regresar a México y ayudar en la promoción de este gran deporte

Matt Barber
03-08-2013, 07:48 AM
Any update(s) to this? Leaving for Nuevo Vallarta tomorrow and I'd love to drop in on an Affiliate if you're open. Thanks,

Cesar Agustin
03-09-2013, 06:44 PM
Matt the only I could find was via Facebook, Calmecacrossfit.

TBH I couldn't find info if this was a true affiliate, they're not listed as one on the Games website. However, their FB page is filled w/ workout updates so they're pretty active as a box.

They said their about 20 min from the Dreams Resort in PV.

Cesar Agustin
04-01-2013, 05:44 PM
Matt the only I could find was via Facebook, Calmecacrossfit.

TBH I couldn't find info if this was a true affiliate, they're not listed as one on the Games website. However, their FB page is filled w/ workout updates so they're pretty active as a box.

They said their about 20 min from the Dreams Resort in PV.

Didn't get to visit Clamecacrossfit. I asked them if they could validate my scorse since I couldn't find them on the Games site. No answer after a few requests. I'm guessing there's a specific reason why the gym name has no 'space' before the word Crossfit...

Jeff DeRuiter
02-12-2014, 12:31 PM
I'm running into the same predicament as those did a year ago. Any news of a box in PV currently? There isn't one listed on the CrossFit homepage as an affiliate, so I'm assuming no. I need to get in the open workout during the week of March 8-18. Help!!

Josh Groves
02-12-2014, 03:11 PM
Y'all be making me want to learn Spanish and go open a box down there.

Ian Nigh
02-13-2014, 03:56 AM
Go to Centro Cultural y Deportivo Quilombo in Bucerias!
My buddy Christian runs this gym and they have what you need.

Jeff DeRuiter
02-17-2014, 03:33 PM
Go to Centro Cultural y Deportivo Quilombo in Bucerias!
My buddy Christian runs this gym and they have what you need.

Thanks Ian! Does your friend have an address/facebook page for his place? I appreciate the help!