PDA

View Full Version : Few more NHE Q's

Roy
12-11-2003, 10:53 AM
Well, the mailman screwed up. He had my book here and in spite of my address change, he "Thought" it was a mistake since he knew i moved a while back(how neighborly of him, right? NOT!!!!) He should be fired.

Anyways, since my NHE book got sent back, and will be sent here UPS no extra charge, I have a few more questions.

1. I started the metabolic shift on sunday. Should saturday technically be the "last day", and start getting the 30-60 grams of carbs on sunday, or should sunday be the last day, and getting the 30-60 g of carbs on monday?

2. on the third and seventh day, should I still eat the regular 30-60 grams of carbs, or skip them and just include them in the carb up
meal(s)?

3. On the carb load meals, is there a minimum and/or maximum limit, or just eat as many I can until full?

If I have more questions, I'll just add to this post rather than making more. Thanks again!

Cheers

Roy

Robert Wolf
12-11-2003, 11:55 AM
Roy-
1. Sunday is fine to start the 30-60gm of carbs.
2. You can still eat the 30-60 gm of pre-carb load
carbs on carb load days.
3. As much as is comfortable. NHE recomends as
much as you can stand but I found that going
more than 100-200g really left me feeling bad
the following day. You will have to tinker
with that.

Boa sorte!
Robb

Roy
12-11-2003, 12:53 PM
Thanks Robb. This is good info. There was another thing mentioned on extique that Faigin claims most conventional ways of exercise rob people of results, and he explains the "True way" Have you read what he describes is the right way to train? My hunch is that he'll emphasize olympic lifts and basically all the prime movers (squats, barbell bench press, etc) as a staple for strength training. I read that Olympic lifts increase testosterone levels, and especially deadlifts. Thanks again!

Cheers

Roy