PDA

View Full Version : CF Journal-November

Nick Martinez
11-02-2003, 11:56 AM
This month's journal was great! The theme seems to be be that saturated fats do not cause heart attacks. While I'm not going to be upping my intake of them soon, I have this question for everyone: When it comes to my protein consumption, my meal could be lean (Chicken, fish) or it may be red meat or pork. I never make sure I'm not eating too much red meat because I don't care and I figure its better off getting the protein than not at all. This month's journal seems to support that red meat isn't that bad after all. I don't consume red meat excessively, but I am that I eat more (maybe a lot more) than Barry Sears reccomends vs. lean protein. Any thoughts?

Robert Wolf
11-02-2003, 11:15 PM
Nick-
My only concern about fattier cuts is the amount of n-6 fatty acids. If you are taking adequate fish oil to ballance things it should be fine.
Robb

Dan John
11-03-2003, 11:18 AM
I thought the outline of the day in the Zone eating was simply amazing. When I showed this to Tiff, she said she couldn't imagine eating that much a day.

Yet, when you do the calorie thing (one step from voodoo), I bet the three meals and two snacks were lower than a grain based diet.

Mike Minium
11-03-2003, 05:52 PM
Dan,

That's funny--I thought just the opposite. I couldn't believe that Greg was eating so little for a 200 lb guy (or around that, per some of Coach's posts).

But then, I've come to appreciate the contrarian point of view of CrossFit and how much it flies in the face of "conventional wisdom," which usually isn't all that wise anyway.

Mike