PDA

View Full Version : Question - food intake?

Jay Edvardz
10-16-2003, 06:00 PM
I have followed 3 WODs now - love them! I am using a hybrid NHE/Paleo eating plan for nutrition. My question is this; today, despite eating a good amount of food, I find myself pretty damn hungry. Now my goal is to get down to around 5-6% bodyfat - should I just go ahead and eat more? I cooked a little over 2 lbs of boneless spare pork ribs last night. Split them up into four zip-loc baggies. first two meals of the day were 5 eggs. I am done with three of the four zip loc baggies of pork. So - today I have downed 10 eggs and roughly 1.5-1.75 pounds of pork. I did not add any extra fat to any of my food. Could I really be needing more food at this point? *confused as always*

-Jay

Kevin Roddy
10-16-2003, 06:20 PM
If you EVER find yourself hungry, you should definately eat. Have you noticed it at any specific time, BTW? I've noticed that when I consistantly eat 6 meals a day, I get hungry if I miss one.

5 eggs is about 350 calories, correct? How many calories should you be taking in daily? You may need to up it... My recommendation would be to mash up the eggs with some mayo or something like that and have egg salad.

Wow... despite what I said, that is a HELL of lot of food. I would love to be able to eat like that, but many of my meals need to be downed in less than 3 minutes! ;_;

Jay Edvardz
10-16-2003, 06:49 PM
Kevin - I end up downing them in about 3 mins anyway :-). I am just noticing the hunger tonight. I am just coming off the bodybuilding plan though, so maybe that's it as well. I was probably eating 2 2.5 times as much food - mostly in the form of a ton of fat, which blunts the appetite to the extreme. This has not happened the past couple of days though, which is a bit odd. Maybe I should throw some veggies in the mix... I have actually been slapping myself for not eating my veggies... The added volume would probably help to curb appetite, not to mention, add in some nutrients. Honestly, I gave it five mins and the hunger was gone. Odd thing. This is actually my off day for CrossFit as well. I will stop babbling. Thanks for the advice Kevin :-)

*Also - after thinking back to the book Rob led me to: Lights Out, I only slept around 6-7 hours last night, I had been sleeping for 10 a night the past 3 nights. This could be a cause for cravings as well, I suppose.*
-Jay

Kevin Roddy
10-16-2003, 07:27 PM
I reeeeally need more sleep.. but I love my computer so much! LOL :proud:

Jay Edvardz
10-16-2003, 07:32 PM
Damn these informative boards! I end up reading till my eyes bleed - then it hurts to close my eyes and I can't go to sleep with my eyes open. What a conundrum! In all reality though, with all this information at the fingertips; right before I go to bed I always end up finding some fascinating piece of information and by the time I an done reading, I am thinking (surprise surprise), and I just can't get to bed.

-Jay