PDA

View Full Version : Rob - NHE question.

Jay Edvardz
09-29-2003, 10:34 AM
Rob - My friend still has not mailed me back my copy of NHE *cough*********cough*. Anyway, I am on the last day of the metabolic shift and am rapidly approaching my first carb up day. I just want to make sure I have this down-pat. I am on the Bodybuilder's Version of the plan. The carb up meals should consist of the last two meals. Each meal should consist of 200 plus grams of carbs on the Bodybuilder's Plan. Also - If I were to stray from the paleo path. What would be the best grains to consume? I was leaning toward either brown rice or oatmeal? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. I am sorry for all of the questions in regard to NHE. As I said, I am still waiting for my copy to get back to me. In the interim, I want to make sure I am doing everything correctly :-)

-Jay

Robert Wolf
09-29-2003, 05:34 PM
Jay-

Dont get overly hung up on the carb amount...just eat untill full. Oatmeal is far more nutritious than rice but anything is fine in these instances. I tend towards pumpkins, squash, fruit and sweet potatos.
Robb

Jay Edvardz
09-29-2003, 06:04 PM
I actually have quite a few sweet potatoes and pumpkin laying around. I was thinking of tackling these rather than any grain. I have stayed pretty paleo thus far, with the exception of two days of cheese that clogged me up. Thanks.

-Jay