PDA

View Full Version : Ok here's my recent clean

Anthony Papadopoulos
02-04-2007, 07:45 AM
I was very sore from the heavy back squats, clean pull, stiff legged deadlifts the other day, but i gave it a try..

i am trying to work on my form on the cleans (totally uncoached :P), but i think i have problems in the "pulling under" part. I ve been focusing on my olympic lifts for 6 weeks and they are improving fast :-)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inVGEB6cLCQ

any critique is welcomed :-)

i ve' had pretty good height
but i panic under heavy weights ...
http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/6683/heightde6.png

(Message edited by acidhell on February 04, 2007)

(Message edited by acidhell on February 04, 2007)

John Seiler
02-04-2007, 04:31 PM
Hi Anthony,

Nice lift but I think you can do much better. For starters, it was 48 seconds from when you put your hands on the bar until you lifted it. That's lot of wasted energy. Your feet seem a little wide at the start of the lift and a lot wide at the end of it. I also think that at the start you should get your butt down and your chest up.

Gotta go, game just started and, holy mollie!!!

Cheers.

Steve Newton
04-04-2007, 02:47 PM
seems to me like your are jerking the weight off the floor, not accelerating

William Tokash
04-04-2007, 03:05 PM
Get some clamps too, for safety.

05-25-2007, 12:48 PM
In order of appearance:

1. As john said, hurry up and lift the weight. 48 seconds is epic. you're thinking about it way too much--i can see the smoke coming out of your ears. Take your time establishing a solid starting position of course, but the more time you stand bent over, the more tired you're going to be and the more of a forward inclination you're going to have. if you absolutely must camp out at the bar, i suggest fixing your grip and then sitting into a squat instead of leaning over.

2. The bar is way out front--your starting position is fine, but the bar essentially moves straight up from there. You need to pull it back into your knees as they extend and then trace your thighs all the way up. Bring it right into your hips.

3. The bar remains too far out until it's finally racked--your photo shows this very clearly. That bar should be right up against your chest at that point.

4. Your receiving foot position is way too wide. Super common tendency because it gets you a little low and feels more stable than a squat. But your receiving position should be identical to your front squat position (unless that's too wide also).

5. This is what I call the Jumping Reverse Curl. You're lifting with your arms. The only work the arms should be doing is keeping the bar close to the body and then pulling you under the bar, not pulling the bar up. You're extremely strong, but you're wasting a lot of potential strength/power by not allowing your legs and hips to do the work.

6. Your grip is too tight in the rack position and your elbows don't come around far enough. Bring the elbows all the way around into the same position you have them in when you stand up. Releasing the grip so the bar is just in your fingers will help you do this.